Quick advice for NAA .22 mag: 1 1/18" or 1 5/8"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Hey everyone,

I've narrowed down my search to two of these little guys. They both have the folding grips, are .22 mags, but have two different barrel lengths: 1 1/8" and 1 5/8". I've been wanting to get one of these for awhile for deep carry/BUG and I've narrowed it down to the barrel length. The 1 5/8" will end up costing me about $15-$25 more but it would be through an Indiana gun shop, which is a +1 to me. However, what are everyone's thoughts? Worth the extra money and supporting Indiana Gun shops?

I know there's better guns, bigger calibers, and all that jazz; however, I'm pretty set on one of these. Thanks!

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I would try to keep it local,unless a lot of difference in price , the local is more likely to help you out more , if you support him , and know him.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Hey everyone,

I've narrowed down my search to two of these little guys. They both have the folding grips, are .22 mags, but have two different barrel lengths: 1 1/8" and 1 5/8". I've been wanting to get one of these for awhile for deep carry/BUG and I've narrowed it down to the barrel length. The 1 5/8" will end up costing me about $15-$25 more but it would be through an Indiana gun shop, which is a +1 to me. However, what are everyone's thoughts? Worth the extra money and supporting Indiana Gun shops?

I know there's better guns, bigger calibers, and all that jazz; however, I'm pretty set on one of these. Thanks!
    I've always thought that they would be nice to throw in my pocket as a backup. It's still better than a knife because you can hit at least 5yds away. I've yet to buy one though. If I do it will be a 22lr version.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I put a bid in on the 1 5/8" from the local vendor. If it pans out it'll only be $15 including taxes. Locally there's no CC fee or shipping so that's a plus!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I carry a 1 5/8” 22Mag in a pocket holster as a backup. With 22 Magnum JSP it's a decent little backup. I’ve never ordered a gun on line, other than through a shop, and I always try to buy local. Most guns I’m interested in are older used models anyway but I have picked up a few new ones from time to time. I’ve also had to trade a few when I’ve wanted something newer so another plus for local shops or private trades.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have one with the 1 1/8" other than placing in someones gut and pulling the trigger they are not that great. Mine at about 10' keyholes. It is a point and shoot type gun. Double taps take a week as everything is small, it just takes time to recock the hammer.

amjindiana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2022
    Northeast
    I know this is an older thread, but as a former owner of the shorter barrel .22LR, I have to say that I was pretty disappointed with the range/accuracy. No, I was not expecting to hit 5" groups at 100yds with this thing, but I was pretty shocked that it was difficult to even get it on the paper from 10-15ft.

That being said, these are fantastic guns. There aren't many other guns that can literally go in your pocket and not be noticeable. I'm currently looking into the 4" barrel models; the reviews on increased accuracy are drawing me in...

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I’ve said in past posts, when Mitch D mandated a no gun policy in the office, I slipped one in my watch pocket. **** Mitch. Carried it for 10 years. Coopers rule #1. My thoughts on the gun are it’s better than going hands on. Get the one that your most comfortable getting and enjoy. JMO, and Good Luck.

Ya, I know it’s an older post. But I wanted to answer anyway.

Last edited:

amjindiana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2022
    Northeast
    I’ve said in past posts, when Mitch D mandated a no gun policy in the office, I slipped one in my watch pocket. **** Mitch. Carried it for 10 years. Coopers rule #1. My thoughts on the gun are it’s better than going hands on. Get the one that your most comfortable getting and enjoy. JMO, and Good Luck.

Ya, I know it’s an older post. But I wanted to answer anyway.
    Couldn't agree more. My brother is in LEO and keeps telling me I'm wasting my time with anything less than a 9mm semi. I agree that there is no comparison in firepower, but how many times will I choose to leave the G19 at home because of the concealability?

Although I got rid of my first short-barreled NAA years ago, it went with me all over the place. My clothing wasnt even a consideration.

HCALREF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I own one of these in 22 mag. and 22 lr. Hard to shoot accurate, but if I practice a lot, I can hit a 6" / 7" circle at 7 yds, most of the time. I have probably fired mine at least 1000 times and it has always worked perfect. Great little guns. I carry mine a lot.

amjindiana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2022
    Northeast
    I own one of these in 22 mag. and 22 lr. Hard to shoot accurate, but if I practice a lot, I can hit a 6" / 7" circle at 7 yds, most of the time. I have probably fired mine at least 1000 times and it has always worked perfect. Great little guns. I carry mine a lot.
    Do you carry it with the hammer in the notch between cylinders?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Well what’s your shooting distance? Cause at 100 yards your gonna want that longer sight radius! If your only going to shoot at 50 yards, I doubt the 1/2 inch will make a huge difference!

dlandersson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2019
    Hammond
    Hey everyone,

I tend to agree with Diver. Shop local when you can (assuming the place in question has a decent reputation).

Top Bottom