• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stejennings7065

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have a Rock River vamint. with a 24in match grade Stainless barrel. It shoots really well and I got it to start shooting in some long rang matches this year. The more I read about the 3 gun matches the more I want to do that. The question is would it make sence for me to buy another barrel and just swop them out for what ever type of shooting I am doing or buy another upper reciever.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    you might go ahead and try a match with what you already own. it may serve you just fine in a 3 gun match. most of the big boys run 18 or 20in barrels. i've been running a 16in forever on my open gun, but i run 68g bullets to make power factor.

stejennings7065

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    The barrel on mine is so thick (.95)and heavy, and it is not chrom lined. I was wanting get something smaller, lighter, and would hold up to rapid fire better. Im new at this, I havn't been to any shoots at all. This is just my train of thought and looking for some info.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    i would many different uppers and buy the same optics for all of them (so you dont mess up your zero). sight them all in and boom your set. dont even worry about getting more bolt carriers and charging handles either one.

Top Bottom