• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    This is all new to me since it's the first time I've ever been stopped and/or given a citation. The ISP officer didn't explain anything to me, just handed me the ticket and left. I saw on the ticket that it can be paid online but when I go to the website, my name and ticket # is there but no other information. Does it take a while before it shows up and can you pay online? It has been 3 days so I figured there would be something by now. Just curious because I want to get it paid asap. Thanks.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is all new to me since it's the first time I've ever been stopped and/or given a citation. The ISP officer didn't explain anything to me, just handed me the ticket and left. I saw on the ticket that it can be paid online but when I go to the website, my name and ticket # is there but no other information. Does it take a while before it shows up and can you pay online? It has been 3 days so I figured there would be something by now. Just curious because I want to get it paid asap. Thanks.

Can you differ this as it is your 1st offense.
    There used to be a program for this.
    Pay the extra on the fine and no points etc.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I agree with CM. Contact the court to see if they have a deferral program. You should be able to pay a bit extra to get it deferred and then it won't be reported to your insurance.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It sits in electronic limbo for 72hrs (for ISP, we set our limit to 48hrs) so that is why its not showing up 100% yet. It should any time.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I have no idea. This is all new to me. That would be nice if there is such a program.

Call the clerk's office and ask about it before you pay. If you get another ticket within a certain period, then that deferral goes away and you have both on your record, but if you have had a clean record this long, it is a good option. My daughter got one deferred and managed not to get another one in that year or two that was required.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Call the clerk's office and ask about it before you pay. If you get another ticket within a certain period, then that deferral goes away and you have both on your record, but if you have had a clean record this long, it is a good option. My daughter got one deferred and managed not to get another one in that year or two that was required.

Sounds good. I'll give them a call. It took 42 years to get this one so there's a good chance I will make it past the deadline. :)

I learned to now look at my speedometer and not concentrate on the car ahead of me when I exit the freeway. ;)

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Fyi, the last time I got a speeding ticket, once it showed online, there was an option to either pay the ticket, or pay the ticket + deferral fees to avoid points. You also can't have any other moving violations for 1 year to complete the deferral.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Even better to obay the Speed Limit. :dunno:

I was but my small car got caught in the gravitational vortex of the larger vehicle creating a tracking-beam effect thus causing an uncontrollable increase in velocity that could not be reversed on my part. I tried to emphasis that to the officer but he just didn't seem to understand. :dunno:

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Ahhhhh my son, to remove yourself from the gravitational vortex you must overcome the urge and reduce the applied pressure to the afterburner lever located on the right side of the floorboard in you cockpit module.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I was but my small car got caught in the gravitational vortex of the larger vehicle creating a tracking-beam effect thus causing an uncontrollable increase in velocity that could not be reversed on my part. I tried to emphasis that to the officer but he just didn't seem to understand. :dunno:

I would have given you a warning with that justification.

Top Bottom