• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Hi guys and gals,

I bought this used HK P30 LEM. Took it apart and noticed that there is a small chunk of polymer missing on the right side of the frame near the frame rail.

These are the best pictures I could take. Is this frame okay or should I be contacting HK to see if I need to buy a new one?

Attachments

• 20230323_234141.jpg
      20230323_234141.jpg
      215.2 KB · Views: 28
    • 20230323_234118.jpg
      20230323_234118.jpg
      206.6 KB · Views: 29

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    Hi guys and gals,

I bought this used HK P30 LEM. Took it apart and noticed that there is a small chunk of polymer missing on the right side of the frame near the frame rail.

These are the best pictures I could take. Is this frame okay or should I be contacting HK to see if I need to buy a new one?
    Hopefully you don’t have to call Germany with that rotary dialing phone, might hurt your trigger finger, Lol.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Tis but a scratch. I had to look 3 times and compare to mine to even see what you're talking about. Contact HK if you want but looks pretty superficial to me.

Now, if it were a metal gun, a chip in the frame could act as a crack propagation source :D On an aluminum frame, you'd have to have it x-rayed or fluxed because AL cracks can be smaller than the eye can see.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    When I zoom in on your pictures they’re fuzzy. But… It appears that the gun was assembled incorrectly at some point and the right side slide release lever got pushed through the retaining slot material on the frame.
    This happens when you smack the left slide lever home on reassembly and it’s not aligned with the right correctly.

A sharper image would be helpful.

Top Bottom