2d6jtlk.jpg

Last edited:

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    Dang man that scope sure does sit awfully high. Can you get a decent cheek weld with it up there like that ?

I thought the same thing. I would have to sit my chin on the stock to get a decent weld.
    I use the Rock River Arms 1 piece mount on mine it raises the centerline of the scope 1 and 5/8" above the flat top. I have to say that is perfect for my eyes.

rcuhljr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Carmel
    Maybe it's just that the picture is zoomed in? it's 3 and 1/4 inch from the top of the stock to the center of the scope. My cheek is against the stock and my ear just touches it when I've got a clear sight picture. Also that's as low as I can the scope before I have the front iron sights in the picture, which just bugs me :P

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    Hey if it works for ya that is all that matters. The front sight usually isn't even visible in the scope if it is in the line of sight. I found it hard to believe too when I was told that but it does.
    If it works for you then I would use it. You are the shooter not me or anyone else.

rcuhljr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Carmel
    Nope It's on a riser so I can certainly drop it down. But it's a variable scope and when it was mounted without the riser on 1x the front sight was clearly visible. It very well might not be visible on 4x, if I turn it into a long range gun full time I very well may drop it down just for the best possible fit and I'll find it out. However most of the time it's a 1x for 100 yard and closer gun.

rcuhljr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Carmel
    I dropped the riser out, and I think I'm gonna leave it out. The front sight isn't as bad as I remembered it on 1x, and it's gone on 4x.

Top Bottom