• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Random_71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Fort Wayne
    They always look cool, but are often defensive in nature, are designed for that purpose to the detriment of other uses, and I prefer at least some utilitarian capability from my knives. Thats me though...

But I will say the Esee Tertiary, keeps catching my eye. Perhaps it is the handle, it appears to have room for all of the hand.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'll be the first to admit I know next to nothing about fighting or self-defense with a knife, but in my completely untrained opinion, push daggers seem like a pretty darn good option for use as an edged self defense weapon. They seem much easier to deploy in a hands-on encounter than a traditional folder or single bladed knife which requires a lot more slicing motion. Push daggers can be absolutely brutal when used in conjunction with basic strikes.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I'll be the first to admit I know next to nothing about fighting or self-defense with a knife, but in my completely untrained opinion, push daggers seem like a pretty darn good option for use as an edged self defense weapon. They seem much easier to deploy in a hands-on encounter than a traditional folder or single bladed knife which requires a lot more slicing motion. Push daggers can be absolutely brutal when used in conjunction with basic strikes.

Seems incredibly difficult to defend against when in a grappling position like that. I don't know jack about fighting either, but the design seems to lend itself to very simple unskilled use IF you can get to it and grip it correctly.

Biggest drawbacks seem to be that it's nearly the size of a small AIWB handgun, and the unfair but very real public reaction to killing anyone specifically with a knife. And the list of places you can carry it but not a handgun is pretty small. But, man, that'll get somebody away from you if they try for one of those grapples and throws that everyone seems to love now.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Ti likes to burn rather than cut using a bandsaw so I rough my out using a 4&1/2" grinder and diamond wheel while wearing a respirator outside. Ti phires are serious class D.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I think the Cold Steel ones are really hard to beat, especially when you factor in price.

I also have a Bastinelli one that I bought from Jared Wihongi, that I really like. He mirrored the handle to match that of a Glock, so it really feels familiar in the hand.

Another cool one I've owned, is Dan Winkler's from his Winkler II lineup.

Top Bottom