• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Well, judging by PSA's recent history they won't be shy about gouging. Don't look for them to undercut the market rate, especially not with the hard end of any and all Russian import this week. No contract runouts, people literally aren't accepting any shipments of any goods of any kind from Russia anymore. They can't even sell their crude, let alone their ammo.

By 2023, Wolf and Tula will be a memory. Whatever PSA plans to spin up, it won't come close to filling that hole.
    Since Wolf is just a brand name they'll just have it made elsewhere.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    It doesn’t seem like anyone can make it as cheap and in the volume of the Russians.
    wasn't Kalashnikov USA going to start making ammo also?
    as big as Turkey has gotten in the gun game, you would think that ammo would come naturally
    Part of the reason is labor costs are much lower but the big reason is that these plants also make ammo for the Russian military for domestic use and foreign military sales. To keep the lines running full time they make ammo for commercial sales, just like Lake City here in the U.S..
    If you get the chance, take a look at some of the Russian plants on Google Earth. The places are HUGE!

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    "Best" how though? I'm genuinely curious. Like, say how does it compare to Golden Tiger or other Vympel commercial ammo? Advantages and disadvantages (other than mildly corrosive primers)?

It's hot. It's accurate. The M67 bullet is superior to the M43 from a wounding perspective. It's mil-spec. It's in spam cans. It has really good QC. And it's in your possession :cool:

Vympel is good stuff and is appealing for its long-term storage qualities. Barnaul factory ammo (Wolf, Monarch, etc.) is also well-regarded. But it's tough to beat the surplus military-grade ammo.

However, at the end of the day it's all about the same when you're shooting at paper or steel targets at 100 yards.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    It's hot. It's accurate. The M67 bullet is superior to the M43 from a wounding perspective. It's mil-spec. It's in spam cans. It has really good QC. And it's in your possession :cool:

Vympel is good stuff and is appealing for its long-term storage qualities. Barnaul factory ammo (Wolf, Monarch, etc.) is also well-regarded. But it's tough to beat the surplus military-grade ammo.

However, at the end of the day it's all about the same when you're shooting at paper or steel targets at 100 yards.
    I really like Golden Tiger who makes it? It's a FMJBT bullet. Very accurate.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    I really like Golden Tiger who makes it? It's a FMJBT bullet. Very accurate.

Vympel. All the 124gr, purple primer/neck sealed 7.62x39 available is from Vympel. The most well known brand is Golden Tiger, but several other brands (MAXXTech, Red Ops, BVA, etc.) are the same ammo. Kind of like how most flavors of Wolf, Brown Bear, Monarch, and other brands are from the Barnaul factory. The Tula factory produces ... spoiler alert ... Tulammo (also branded as Herter's).

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    Here is a 2 year necro bump. Has PSA ever updated as to when, or if they are going to manufacture 7.62x39 and 5.45x39?

Tell them to notify you if it comes back in stock.

I've never seen them advertise this in the 37 daily emails they send me, and I've never seen anyone shoot it, resell it, or talk about it, so I'm not actually convinced it exists. A search online revealed a reddit thread where some guy claimed PSA sent him an In Stock notice 2 months ago, but it was sold out by the time he looked.

Top Bottom