• ...and so much more!
  • SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Okay, I was in South Dakota earlier this week on business. I was in a small town (Pop 1500 or so) on a main highway. The highway speed limit goes from 65 down to 35 in a pretty short span.

There was a closed gas station sitting on the corner. There was signs all over the property that said "NO COP PARKING". I guess the Police were using his gas station to set speed traps and the owner didn't like it.

I guess a property owner can restrict Police from using his property, but how would you enforce it? Would you call the cops to run the cops off of your property? Has anyone ever heard of any lawsuits over something like this?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    I don't know about lawsuits or SD law.. but when I lived in Indy as a kid , we lived on a large street that people often sped down.. IPD would ask permission to use our driveway to clock from..

Outlaw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Cornfield east of Indy
    I would think the owner would just complain to the cheif or sheriff and the cop would get a slap on the wrist. If kept continuing maybe go to the mayor?

That's how it would work in my town anyway.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Here's a story that my dad told me years ago. I know he wouldn't lie about the way it was told to him but I have no way of verifying it. A cop kept sitting in a guys driveway to run a speed trap and the guy kept telling the cop he didn't want him there. One day, the cop got stuck in the snow and asked the guy to use his phone to call for a tow (way before cell phones). The guy told him he had a radio and more or less he was on his own. I don't think the cop parked there after that.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Airport police sit in our drive at night clocking people on perimeter road. Usually they leave when we pull up if we have a late arrival or departure. But one time after getting harassed by one of them for driving home late after work, as he put it, most vehicles out this late are drunks trying to dodge the main roads, I usually tell them to go catch terrorists or something less important. he struck a nerve and was the last thing I wanted to deal with after a 2am Easter morning arrival.

Top Bottom