Promag aftermarket mags for Bersa Thunder 380.... Are they any good?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I tried Promag in the past and I was disappointed. I had frequent loading problems from each of the several magazines I was using. (Walther P99 .40)

Has anyone used Promag magazines for their Bersa Thunder 380?

Anybody have a good lead on some cheap magazines? I need them for both the Conceal Carry & Standard models.

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    I tried Promag in the past and I was disappointed. I had frequent loading problems from each of the several magazines I was using. (Walther P99 .40)

Has anyone used Promag magazines for their Bersa Thunder 380?

Anybody have a good lead on some cheap magazines? I need them for both the Conceal Carry & Standard models.

My brother bought one at the 1500 a year or so ago and had feeding issues with it. He's not found a decent aftermarket magazine yet.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Hmm... OK thanks for the heads-up. Now I just need to find a reasonable price on factory mags.

I also need to know if the magazines are interchangeable between the CC & standard models of the 380 Thunder series.

MerKWorK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Muncie
    I bought 1 promag glock mag, it functioned so badly that I couldn't stomach even selling that POS to anyone else. The trash is the only place their mags function!

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I've had some Promags that actually worked well and the mag bodies were great for modification (higher rate springs, etc...). In general, though, they are garbage. Some of the P6 mags I have used worked well. If they are higher capacity than factory mags, problems occur more often from what I have seen.

CDNN gets Bersa mags every so often at a darn good price, but it's EVERY so often. Keep your browser peeled for any good deals there every so often.

leedawg77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    Second (or third or whatever) the stay away from ProMag comments. Bought two of them for my Thunder and had major issues with the springs. Half the time when I load the mags, I have to tap it to get the spring to full extend. I've had much better luck with Mec Gar mags on my 9mm and have heard better things about them. Makes sense since they manufacture the factory mags for SIG and a few others. However not sure they make aftermarket mags for Bersa.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I've got a few pro mags for my ruger P89 that wore great. I had one for a bersa that was good too. These are all brand new from pro mag though. Ive had pro mags before for a Taurus that sucked BAD, but the quality has gotten alot better. Not sure if you want to trust your life to it though.

92FS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Phoenix
    I bought a ProMag for my Bersa Thunder 380 at the 1500 almost two years ago. After using it a time or two the spring loaded follower would not completely push all of the rounds up to the top of the magzine. It would jam about halfway up. I disassembled the entire thing, cleaned and oiled everything extemely well, and have been using it without a problem every since. Having said all of that I have not bought anymore of them and now stick to buying Bersa factory mags only. As the old saying goes, "You get what you pay for."

Top Bottom