• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brianheeter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    Project Appleseed will be running a shoot on the 16th and 17th of May at the Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol Club in Brown county. Appleseed shoots focus on the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship and the history of April 19th, 1775. You will learn the Steady Hold Factors for prone, seated and standing positions, the Six Steps to Firing the Shot, the "secret" of Natural Point of Aim and how to adjust your sights in a methodical and efficient manner. You will also hear the history of how the Revolutionary War began, the sacrifices of the colonists who fought for the liberty that we enjoy today and the story of Paul Revere's midnight ride.

If you have been shooting your whole life but realize there are some basics that you need to work on this is an excellent opportunity to take the time to slow down and focus on the foundational aspects of marksmanship. If you are brand new to rifles or firearms in general Project Appleseed is a great place to start.

See you on the line!

brian
    Project Appleseed Instructor

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    If you are on the fence about going , take my advice. DO IT! You should go. Not only is the appleseed program a great thing to be a part of but Hoosier Hills is a great place to have one.
    Really . You should go.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    I am looking forward to my 1st Appleseed meet but I need a 22 and ammo first. I don't obsessively go to every store in town but if I think of it, I check. $50 for a brick is the best I've found so far. Very discouraging.

So if you're still hoarding ammo that you ain't shooting, STOP!

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I am looking forward to my 1st Appleseed meet but I need a 22 and ammo first. I don't obsessively go to every store in town but if I think of it, I check. $50 for a brick is the best I've found so far. Very discouraging.

So if you're still hoarding ammo that you ain't shooting, STOP!

If you need a loaner rifle and/or ammo, PM brianheeter. He's the Shoot Boss and can get you hooked up.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    I can borrow ammo? That's AWESOME!

But seriously, I want to own a .22 rifle anyway. It just seems that the rifles are more available than the ammo anymore.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    If you can find a way to get ammo from the north side of Indy to you, I'll "loan" you the ammo. I'm starting up a Boy Scout merit badge course with "upgrade" options that basically takes the kids through the marksmanship portion of AS (if they choose to do more than "just get their merit badge"). All that to say I've been trying to stock up on .22. Locally, the new store Point Blank Range has a couple pallets of .22lr at $.06/round so it can be had around here. Don't let that be the limiting factor in going to an Appleseed. It will be a weekend with too many high points to mention!

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    Busy this weekend but I will certainly look into the July Nashville Appleseed.

Aside from checking out the FAQ for Appleseeed, any other info on what should I do to prep? I've had next to no long gun experience.

brianheeter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    Aside from checking out the FAQ for Appleseeed, any other info on what should I do to prep? I've had next to no long gun experience.

Stretch! Seriously. Lots of folks who aren't as active as they once were or not as active as they would like to be find themselves pretty sore after weekend of field shooting. Practice getting into the prone, sitting and kneeling positions and holding those positions for a minute or two. It will help you figure out some weak spots to work on.

C ya,

brian

Top Bottom