Problems with GunBroker account. Any ideas?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    So I found a handgun I would really like to buy on GunBroker, which I've never used, so I had to make an account. After creating my account, I was informed I must pay a $1 fee because I have a "free" email address (Yahoo). I'm not a big fan of that policy, but whatever, it's only a dollar and life goes on. So I enter in my CC information and it tells me my CC was not accepted. I have no idea why that would be. Never had that issue before. :dunno: So I kept messing around trying to get it to go through and finally it wouldn't let me try anymore. My account is now "under review" and I cannot do anything on the site. Who knows if the handgun I want will still even be available by the time they fix my account! :xmad:

Anyone know of anything I can do to speed up this process so I can start buying? :spend:

I'm going to be very upset if this handgun sells...:(

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Basically what it does is it checks your credit card address versus what you provide, as well as the location of your IP address. I know this, because I handle thousands of credit card transactions over the internet every day, so I essentially do the same thing.

My advice? Use a non-free email address for gunbroker to avoid the issue, such as something @yourisp.com (for example, you@comcast.net). If you need a forwarder, I can hook you up with something @mikedvb.com if you wish.

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    Basically what it does is it checks your credit card address versus what you provide, as well as the location of your IP address. I know this, because I handle thousands of credit card transactions over the internet every day, so I essentially do the same thing.

My advice? Use a non-free email address for gunbroker to avoid the issue, such as something @yourisp.com (for example, you@comcast.net). If you need a forwarder, I can hook you up with something @mikedvb.com if you wish.

Ah. So the fact that my billing address is in Valparaiso (parents) and that I'm currently living in West Lafayette (school) could be the problem? :dunno:

jerry46765

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2011
    Hancock County
    I had the same problem with gunbroker. They hit your credit card for a dollar and if it doesn't go immediately, they hit again, typically red flagging your credit card as potential crime. You may have to call your credit card company, as I did. Yeah, the security hoops required to be registered are a little over the top, but it's their sandbox. I opened a ‘support issue’ and gunbroker resolved it within 24 hours. I had to let them hit my credit card for another dollar since the first go round was rejected by the credit card company.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Ah. So the fact that my billing address is in Valparaiso (parents) and that I'm currently living in West Lafayette (school) could be the problem? :dunno:
    Indeed, it depends on the sensitivity. Ours is set to something like 200 miles due to the inherent inaccuracy of IP address locations, but some are much stricter than that.

As I said, if you want a forwarder (i.e. something@mikedvb.com) that just forwards mail to your actual email address, let me know. Just drop me a PM and let me know what you want it to be, and where it needs to go to.

Top Bottom