• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • anewrnn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Crown Point
    So, I called Tony at Bobs trying to buy a SWR Spectre. He said they had none in stock but would do the transfer if I found one. So I bought one from silencerco. It was shipped on the 10th, Bob's signed for it and had it sitting on the shelves for weeks and every time I called they said it wasn't there. Not only did Tony not return my calls (3 x times now) but on top of saying it wasnt there actually had it sitting in their store. Can I do anything in this situation? I paid for this silencer and cant get a response. Unfortunately I don't live close but I guess Im going to have to make a couple trips now to get it.Suggestions?

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    It is a civil matter if it is in there name on a Form 3, but I would call ATF anyway and explain the situation. At the very least I bet they send an inspector out to audit them.

You may still have to take the store to court for your can or the money and the worst part is if they agree to transfer it to you it is still going to be 4-5 months after you fill out your form 4 before you get it.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    I can't believe they could not get you a Spectre can easily enough direct from SWR. I have several of them and SWR just sent me some more that I ordered about a month ago.

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    I am very surprised to hear this. I had Tony build my AK74 Krinkov SBR, and he did an excellent job. He also was very quick to reply to any questions I had, and was very nice during the whole transaction. When my SBR was done and I went to pick it up, he even offered me a Tac 65 can brand new for $100. If I had any cash left, I would have bought it. Good price. All of this happened during the summer of '07, so I suppose things could have gone down hill since then.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Well, I've done several things with Tony. He's been good to me so?
    I know he's busy and has stuff crammed everywhere. Might have missed it.
    I would go down with my confirmation and show him.
    He received a Kimber .45 for my wife via a transfer from out of state,
    and did the transfer no problem. And I bought an AR off of him.
    No issues. :dunno:

Sinner Man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    It is a civil matter if it is in there name on a Form 3, but I would call ATF anyway and explain the situation. At the very least I bet they send an inspector out to audit them.

You may still have to take the store to court for your can or the money and the worst part is if they agree to transfer it to you it is still going to be 4-5 months after you fill out your form 4 before you get it.

+1. Just because there is paperwork saying it was transferred from Dealer "A" to Dumb-Dumb "B" doesn't mean it's theirs. It IS yours. YOU OWN IT. Call the ATF. It's got a serial number. Did you check to see if it's the one that was paid for by you and transferred for you?

Good luck.

Wait, Pawn Shop C3 dealer? Ugh...

anewrnn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Crown Point
    Problem resolved, thanks everyone

Tony got ahold of me today. Wonder if word from INGO got back to him. Very nice, apologized as he says he is very busy and has alot on the shelves. I believe him and all is well. Paperwork is coming to me in the mail. This site rocks....Thank you all very much for your input.

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    Tony got ahold of me today. Wonder if word from INGO got back to him. Very nice, apologized as he says he is very busy and has alot on the shelves. I believe him and all is well. Paperwork is coming to me in the mail. This site rocks....Thank you all very much for your input.

That sounds more like Tony. Having dealt with him before, I would lean towards him making an honest mistake, and not him trying to screw you. Working part time in a busy gun shop, I can tell you it is easy to make an honest mistake like that.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom