• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    So are there two protests scheduled that day? Ive seen two different facebook groups with the same images and text and im just confused which one I should be sending to people. https://www.facebook.com/events/1197542047045548 or https://www.facebook.com/events/915216518655757/ Ive seen both groups posted at this point.

They are "the same" event - but we (local hosts) Could NOT add / edit control the event to provide update.
    The first one ("Americans for America" - event) was a place holder from a national coalition of folks - who set up 50 simultaneously for all 50 states.

The 2nd / newer one ("NCCPA PRO 2A RALLY") - has much more defined details ... speaker list - carry info - parking info - You name it
    Please send folks to this one and sign in 'GOING' or 'Interested' on it:

https://www.facebook.com/events/915216518655757/

We (3 folks in Indiana - including 2 INGO-ers) are diligently putting a ton into making this a success.

and the time is 2 PM EDT / Local Indy Time - we've had a FB issue w/ time zones and the time changing as the other 2 hosts are in / bordering CDT zone.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    What IC says that a minor can not carry an unloaded rifle? I am not trying to stir things up. It was my impression that minors could still hunt unaccompanied. When I was young it was not uncommon to see a couple of older teens carrying their shotguns from home to the marshes and back.

And that was in New Jersey. But that was in New Jersey. I do not if it was or is that way in Indiana.

IC 35-47-10-1 has a limited list of reasons a minor (under 18) may be in possession of a firearm and limits on where
    - perhaps these are postive defences against a general prohibition of kids in possession of a firearm.

Anyway - - hunting is one - political protests are not covered ... BUT - I still see nothing about AirGuns ... Paging KIRK / GUY / FARGO
    I remember Kimball showed up at one IMAGC rally with his kid wanting to carry her pink Cricket - he ended up carrying it (and her, I think).

I am still searching and need input on Kids carrying airguns ... perhaps a sign - with a gripe about the laws - would be effective.
    Infact - it kinda could go w/ the whole - wanting to raise the age to 21 thing. ... but not sure yet.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Oh the other thing - if you see any questions about the time this a was added to the FB event discussion on the current / up-to-date facebook

**TIME ISSUES: The EVENT TIME is SET - 2 PM EDT / Local in Indianapolis (1 PM CDT). The Hosts are located in different time zones and we have had some issues with Facebook wanting to change the time zone and starting time.
    This is NOT the case. Now that we are aware of this we are taking extra precautions to avoid added confusion.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Oh the other thing - if you see any questions about the time this a was added to the FB event discussion on the current / up-to-date facebook

I lurked my way to the FB page, great info and a lot of it Bill. Time zones stump a lot of people, getting everybody on Zulu (GMT) and using military time is probably a bridge too far.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I lurked my way to the FB page, great info and a lot of it Bill. Time zones stump a lot of people, getting everybody on Zulu (GMT) and using military time is probably a bridge too far.

Yes. Heaven forbid your day job would involve waking at 1100, breakfast at 1200, Work @1300, and going home at @2100, ignoring where the sun is in the sky relative to what your watch says. (or isnt) Everybody I mention that to is flabbergasted and make it sound like its totally impossible.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Maybe the kid could carry a plywood (or cardboard) cutout of a rifle?
    Didn't the protest about 5 years ago have someone like that?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Maybe the kid could carry a plywood (or cardboard) cutout of a rifle?
    Didn't the protest about 5 years ago have someone like that?

Yes, it was an oversized silhouette of an AR that had something painted on it (shall not be infringed maybe?) If you find Dan Voil's pics (thread?? I think it's link is on this thread) I think he had a pic of that guy.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I haven't been to a meeting since long before John P. moved away! Are you a regular?

Which one? The tea party group rarely meets anymore and never found much opportunity for action, AFAIK

The Libertarian party meets monthly but it's on Monday nights, which is my late night at the office. So I'm staying in touch with them but haven't been there for months. I also really only knew John P, but I appreciate the people trying to do the work now. I think some of them may be at Friends of NRA banquet. We'll probably leave this Second Amendment Rally about 4 or 5 pm and go to the banquet from there.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Which one? The tea party group rarely meets anymore and never found much opportunity for action, AFAIK

The Libertarian party meets monthly but it's on Monday nights, which is my late night at the office. So I'm staying in touch with them but haven't been there for months. I also really only knew John P, but I appreciate the people trying to do the work now. I think some of them may be at Friends of NRA banquet. We'll probably leave this Second Amendment Rally about 4 or 5 pm and go to the banquet from there.

It was the tea party group, before the formal formation of the local Libertarian chapter.

I went to school with John P's older sister and our fathers were colleagues. I got to know him and become friends in the last 10-12 years or so. He's a good man and very smart! I went with him to the Tippecanoe Libertarian group's meeting once or twice. THAT is in interesting array of people.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Update from IMAGC on the rally / event info:

https://www.facebook.com/IndianaMomsAgainstGunControl/posts/1618742968217592

Please check it out. Here is the "Pinned Post" / FAQ of sorts ...

This nationally coordinated event is scheduled nationally for 2 hours. We, however, have a longer event planned for those who wish to stay. SHOWING UP by 1:30 PM (EDT/ Indianapolis Local Time) is ideal and the speakers will be starting at 2pm (EDT / Indianapolis Local Time).
    Speaking Order as close as it has been set:
    Host Jessica Ann. will be giving the NCCPA speech as well as introducing the event co-hosts.
    Co-Host Jack Pupillo will then speak.
    State Representative Jim Lucas (R - H.69);
    Tami Watson (NRA instructor, Pro 2A public speaker, prior ISP, running for Bartholomew County Sheriff 2018). Special pre-recorded speeches for our event from:
    KRISANNE HALL!!!! And Sheriff BRADLEY ROGERS!! (Sheriff, Elkhart County)
    More speakers are still planned to be added ... if interested please contact the event host(s)
    Co-Host Bill Slike III will then conclude the planned speakers and do speech / wrap up.

We then plan to march around the Capitol with flags and signs flying!
    At 5 GUY RELFORD (WIBC’s The Gun Guy Show and NRATV) will be broadcasting his show directly to/for the rally.

There will be MANY large groups in attendance. If you want your group added for this contact the host as well. The 2nd Amendment Riders will have a table set up as well as our table that will have event t-shirts. There are a lot more groups and speakers adding on daily and will be added as the event gets closer. Private security is well covered and will be on site.

Please continue to watch the Facebook event discussion comments below for updated information.
    We will continue to provide as much info as possible as the event grows and questions are posted.
    Thank you all!!

Please keep sharing, so the numbers rise! We need as many patriots as possible to attend.
    See Below for Parking, Firearms, Dress and Other information.

We created an EVENT QR CODE (see attached images).

ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT EVENT DETAILS AND FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

WHO: YOU, ME, ALL OF US, - WE THE PEOPLE -
    WHAT: A peaceful gathering to support our 2nd Amendment Rights, which shall not be infringed.
    WHEN: SATURDAY APRIL 14, From 2 PM to 4 PM (speakers); full event to ~7 PM, EDT (Times are Local to Indianapolis - see below.
    ** Concurrent events at each capital of all 50 states across the U.S. of A. **
    WHERE: Indiana State House, 200 West Washington St, Indianapolis, IN 46204.
    On the Public Sidewalks and Cultural Trail, South of the Indiana State Government Center Campus
    This is a public event on public property and all are welcome to freely attend as you wish.

WHY: We the people recognize that natural rights protected by the Constitutions of the United States of America, and the State of Indiana, are in danger of further infringements, and even nullification. We are exercising our 1st Amendment right to peaceably assemble, to raise our collective voice so that our well-reasoned positions will be heard by the public, and by our elected legislators.

FIREARMS: Legal possession and carry of firearms is encouraged. Be advised that you may NOT step onto State Government Complex Property while in possession of a firearm. This includes Senate Avenue between the Capital Building and the Government Center Buildings to the west. Please Carry Safely (Remember the 4 rules!)

DRESS: There is no specific dress code for this event. We would RECOMMEND and PREFER that you dress as you normally would. There is no need to create a false or impressive image. Dress in comfortable and weather appropriate attire. We are trying to show that we are normal people, who choose to be prepared; and part of that preparedness, is that we are armed.

SIGNS: Signs, banners and flags that support the 2nd Amendment or address political issues pertaining to our 2A Rights are encouraged. The most recent discussions are centered on the presumed safety of our schools and children. We care; just as much as any others do, about our kids, even though our answer to the problem is different.

PARKING: There are a number of parking garages around the state house. There are also two that you will likely need to avoid. These are the Senate Avenue Garage, and the West Washington Street Garage. These are legally a part of the State Government Center Complex (possession of Firearms is prohibited here). (See next page)

MEDIA: There will be media at this event AND there probably will be counter protestors, who will seek to argue and lead you into their rhetoric against our rights. When speaking: Be Informative, Be Factual, and Be Respectful (even if they are not). Change the subject if you must. It is ok to decline to answer if you are not sure. Also, if you are not sure how to respond or cannot tolerate a verbal attack, simply walk away. We must hold the high ground of integrity.

SPEAKING EVENTS: The speakers will begin at 2 PM, promptly. Following the formal speakers – We will be broadcasting The Gun Guy with Guy Relford live from WIBC with thoughts and wrap up on the event.

PARADE AROUND THE CAPITAL: At past rallies at the Capital Complex, those able and interested, have walked (“paraded”) around the complex (which is about 2 full city blocks) for 1 or 2 laps. We are planning to have interested people participate in this activity after the speakers have concluded. This also would allow photos at the 911 Memorial.

STATE CAPITAL / GOVERNMENT CENTER: Per Indiana Code firearms are prohibited (25 IAC 7-2-1) and it is a felony to carry on The Government Center Campus.
    Sec. 1. The following definitions apply throughout this article:
    (4) "Indiana government center campus" means the following:
    (A) The state capitol building; (B) The Indiana government center-north;
    (C) The Indiana government center-south; (D) The state library; (E) The Washington Street garage;
    (F) The Senate Avenue garage; (G) The Indiana historical society building and parking lot;
    (H) The land adjacent to these buildings that is owned and controlled by the state.

SHOPS, STORES, RESTAURANTS, ETC: I expect we have all seen the ridiculous pictures of many of the armed marches that have carried long guns into businesses that create a highly negative and divisive view of our cause with the public at large. Therefore, we are RESPECTFULLY and SPECIFICALLY request that long guns are NOT carried INTO BUSINESSES. Remember, we’re trying to make positive impression; we have plenty of opposition already. Thank you in advance for remembering and considering the rights of the property owners in this request.

A Note from the Local Hosts: Yes, we know of the past exceptions to this request. These were all done with prior notification and the O.K. of the specific businesses. While OC of side-arms is not entirely unusual downtown, and the OC of Long guns is legal; a number of these businesses are even opposed to concealed carry. And those NOT opposed to any form of carry, do not wish to have negative publicity associated with long guns tied to their business.
    Let’s be respectful, smart and safe about how we present ourselves, and how we carry both our goals and firearms.

CLEANING UP: At other events it is common for people to leave trash strewn across the site, for others to clean up. We, as patriots should pride ourselves as civically responsible citizens. We ask that you take the pride in our city and our state and pickup any trash that may be dropped. To put this in 2A terms: Police Your Own Brass.

PARKING GARAGES / MAP (See Attached Map of Surrounding Area):
    33 North Capitol Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46204
    109 S Capitol Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46225
    151 W Ohio St, Indianapolis, IN 46204
    25 N Illinois St, Indianapolis, IN 46204
    1 American Sq # Ll-1, Mile Square, Indianapolis, IN 46204
    327 N Illinois St, Indianapolis, IN 46204
    26 W Georgia St, Indianapolis, IN 46225
    There are many more as well, these are most of the closest places.
    There is some – limited – on street parking (this is still pay to park) nearby.

**TIME ISSUES: The EVENT TIME is SET - 2 PM EDT / Local in Indianapolis (1 PM CDT). The Hosts are located in different time zones and we have had some issues with Facebook wanting to change the time zone and starting time.
    This is NOT the case. Now that we are aware of this we are taking extra precautions to avoid added confusion.

I'll add the maps here later unless someone else would do me a flavor and add them.

... gotta get back to things - please share get everyone on board.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Update from IMAGC on the rally / event info:

https://www.facebook.com/IndianaMomsAgainstGunControl/posts/1618742968217592

Please check it out. Here is the "Pinned Post" / FAQ of sorts ...

I'll add the maps here later unless someone else would do me a flavor and add them.

... gotta get back to things - please share get everyone on board.

This link will get you a map of the area plus parking garages. The Statehouse's address is 200 W Washington Street.

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=l...7!3d39.76841650977594!3m2!1i1260!2i851!4f13.1

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Being how this is all over FB I wonder how many ANTIFA types we will have to deal with ?

I'd say somewhere around Bluto Blutarsky's GPA, zero point zero. They tend to show up where the population is unarmed and the police will stand down. 0 for 2 here.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    LOL: An Animal House reference, Very nice !

Indy is Defiantly not Seattle but we still have dill holes that just don't seem to know any better.

I'd say somewhere around Bluto Blutarsky's GPA, zero point zero. They tend to show up where the population is unarmed and the police will stand down. 0 for 2 here.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    LOL: An Animal House reference, Very nice !

Indy is Defiantly not Seattle but we still have dill holes that just don't seem to know any better.
    If memory serves the worst of the worst get bused in. Local Indy gave us BLM protestors taking selfies with Police horses. "I came here on my own dime" is a protest sign option for our side.

Top Bottom