• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    notify me hasn't worked since I started reloading right at the beginning of the pandemic. I have picked up primers at bass pro twice in the last 3 months. Discord has been having batches pop up regularly the last few weeks, but the sell out in hours instead of seconds.

I will keep reloading, but i am going to try to avoid buying primers for a few more months. Surely this $75 price per box will fall if we quit grabbing them all up

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I've been constantly asking Midway to notify me when primers come in and never, ever once received a notice that primers were in stock. Not even for one minute. I'm beginning to think that "notify me" tag on their products is a crock of bovine excrement.
    Primers are generally selling out faster than a notice would go out so those notices are non existent.

I was surprised when Brownells had small pistol primers in stock and it lasted overnight. In the recent past they have sold out in minutes. They had other primers as well but they did sell out quickly.

It's up to you to find a way to be notified by other sources or to constantly check 6 or so websites for stock and then get lucky and make it through checkout.

We also have Remington starting to put primers in the market again. In the last few days I have been able to get CCI small and large pistol primers and Remington large rifle primers from Brownells and Midway USA.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    B’lieve Mr. Bruno overpriced his shipment of CCI 7.62 primers.

At $550, they’ve been in stock for a week or two now.

I hope he gets more of that medicine before this is done.

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    I've been constantly asking Midway to notify me when primers come in and never, ever once received a notice that primers were in stock. Not even for one minute. I'm beginning to think that "notify me" tag on their products is a crock of bovine excrement.

I agree %200!! Notify Me "NEVER NOTIFIES ME"!

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Recently took a 2000 mile road trip.

Best I was able to find was $20 per 100 Small/Large Pistol/Rifle Didn't matter. If they had it, it was spendy.
    We still have large rifle magnum and 7.62 primers on the shelf right now for $42.06 plus tax per 1,000 (limit 1,000). They have been there for weeks. We are only around 50 miles from Indy, no need to drive 2,000 miles...

We also currently have almost 4,000# of powder in stock, and more arriving almost every day.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    We still have large rifle magnum and 7.62 primers on the shelf right now for $42.06 plus tax per 1,000 (limit 1,000). They have been there for weeks. We are only around 50 miles from Indy, no need to drive 2,000 miles...

We also currently have almost 4,000# of powder in stock, and more arriving almost every day.
    Well the reason for my trip wasn't SPECIFICALLY to find primers. But VERY good to know!!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Only primers I'm getting closer to needing is large pistol. But driving 6 hours or ordering only 1k online isn't worth it yet. Maybe when the limits are dropped so hazmat fee or driving distance won't be bad then.

hoglegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    NWI
    Small pistol primers seem to be the hardest to find. Going prices on them?
    The Portage Bass pro had CCI small rifle & Federal large rifle in stock last week. $65/k for the cci, $75/k for the fed. In a pinch I've used small rifle in 9mm with reduced charges & had no issues, YMMV

hoglegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    NWI

I see a road trip to Greentown in my future...

hoglegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    NWI
    Don't Forget, we can also deliver to a gun show. We were just in Crown Point last weekend, but we will be back October 2nd and 3rd. Just make sure to place your order by phone about a week before the show.
    How did I miss that?! Was just there past weekend. What wing / section of building were you in? Guess I need to drink a little more coffee next time... Good to know about delivery, maybe I'll order stuff next go around thanks

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    How did I miss that?! Was just there past weekend. What wing / section of building were you in? Guess I need to drink a little more coffee next time... Good to know about delivery, maybe I'll order stuff next go around thanks
    We are always in the south wing (the one with the big overhead door) on the east side. It was the only place you could find more than a few pounds of powder, we had around 800# at the show. We also have about 10 tables of magazines. Black Rifle Coffee, morale patches, AR-15 parts and uppers, body armor, ammo and reloading supplies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    florez30
    Top Bottom