Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Random but get in bored
    Woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep so eventually
    strolled in WM and asked about. 22. She had it on the list
    and said 20 boxes CCI mini mag. I said cool; since I'm going to get a conv.kit for the p226 in the spring. Took her an extra trip to the back to find it after calling a manager. It was in a different cage she was told. <<weird. All the other ammo was already there.
    I didn't really plan on leaving with any but she comes by the magazine rack and says "found it".
    That's the first time I've specifically went to check for
    .22 in a long time. 300 RDS :yesway:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    the rural king in Greensburg had a sign out today that said ".22 bulk pack - 1", and ".22 50 round box - 6", but nothing on the shelf.

I asked what it was for and they said they got .22 in 2 days ago, but it all sold out by yesterday evening. Just forgot to take the signs down.

regardless, thats a good sing that .22 is starting to pop up on a regular basis now.

armedhoosier451

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Greensburg
    I picked up a couple Winchester bulk packs and a couple 50 round packs of CCI stingers at walmart in Gburg last week. It was in stock 2 consecutive days! That's progess right there!:yesway:

blownz28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Greensburg
    the rural king in Greensburg had a sign out today that said ".22 bulk pack - 1", and ".22 50 round box - 6", but nothing on the shelf.

I asked what it was for and they said they got .22 in 2 days ago, but it all sold out by yesterday evening. Just forgot to take the signs down.

regardless, thats a good sing that .22 is starting to pop up on a regular basis now.

I live a block away from rural king in Greensburg and was there on Thursday. I was looking for a few .22 to go target shooting with my two boys. Of course, they were out, so I got to talking with the salesguy. He told me an ole boy came in a while back desperate for .22lr. He said he did have a few at the house though. Sales guy asked him"how many"? " oh, 45k or so". Sales guy says "oh, you must shoot a bunch". "Nope, ain't shot a gun in yrs".

Lmao!

Volt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Southport
    I gave up being in the right place at the right time with 22LR......I was able to back order 2000 rounds recently and should get it eventually. I was lucky enough to score a box of 9mm at Wal-Mart the other day while doing random shopping.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    My dilema, bought a Marlin Mdl 60 off INGO two weeks ago, son in law gave me two boxes of Winchester Wildcats, stopped by the range and it was jam city, pissed me off, then another range member gave me three boxes of Federal Classic .22, and they worked fine, so when I saw a bunch of Thunderbolt .22 at a local wal-Mart, I bought three boxes, unless I try them out I will never know for sure what works and what doesn't. So buying it when I find it, heck they may or may not cycle.

bos-94-003

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Marion
    I gave up being in the right place at the right time with 22LR......I was able to back order 2000 rounds recently and should get it eventually. I was lucky enough to score a box of 9mm at Wal-Mart the other day while doing random shopping.

Our Marion Wal-Mart has 9, .40 and .45 WWB on the shelf almost regulary now but .22 is still only available the morning of delivery.
    I think things will be back to normal by spring.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    Steel - the reviews on the win wildcat has kept me away from wanting any of it.

Volt - backordered M22 from midway?

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    My dilema, bought a Marlin Mdl 60 off INGO two weeks ago, son in law gave me two boxes of Winchester Wildcats, stopped by the range and it was jam city, pissed me off, then another range member gave me three boxes of Federal Classic .22, and they worked fine, so when I saw a bunch of Thunderbolt .22 at a local wal-Mart, I bought three boxes, unless I try them out I will never know for sure what works and what doesn't. So buying it when I find it, heck they may or may not cycle.
    Really? Wow.

Got my son a Marlin 60 last year for Xmas. When we finally found ammo this year the second box was the white Winchester Wildcats. Have had no problems with them. In fact have had no problems with any of the bulk 22 I've been able to scrounge up.

Wonder if your Wildcats were old and a little corroded?

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Dunno Joe, they just would not work, fail to eject, and fail to then feed of course. Will try the thunderbolts next, since I have three boxes at my disposal.

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    Our local Wal-Marts have everything but .22 LR most of the time. Every once in awhile you'll find some though.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I mentioned to my neighbor this morning about the .22 ammo dilemma and he said hold tight. He went home and brought back 2 Federal Bulk boxes of 500 rds each. I asked him how much and he said $20. I tried to hand him $40 and he said $20 for both. Both boxes unopened. Black and Gold colored LR boxes. It's the first .22 I've seen around in a while. Lucky.
    I still have more than enough but I won't turn more down at a reasonable price.

Top Bottom