• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    The biggest thing I took from being a boy scout as a youngster was the idea of "Be Prepared". When we would take a camping trip, I was the kid that may have been carrying a bigger pack than everybody else, but I had EVERYTHING that I needed. I took the stuff that I brought with me very seriously, and this has carried on into my adult life.

So, my question to all of you, is what do you carry and use on a daily basis?? I'm interested in the items that you have on your person at any time, whenever you are off your own property. If you were asked to empty your pockets at work, the grocery store, the gun range, wherever you happen to be, what would we find??

I'll go first, and I'll include pics because I like pics :)

First off, I always carry a knife. I like a single-use tool, so while I've got swiss army knives and leathermans stashed about I prefer to use a knife that's only a knife. I'd be fired if I openly carried a fixed blade at work (although that would be my preference) so I carry a folder, a Benchmade 910 Stryker.

IMG_0005.jpg

I also often find myself in dark areas, or needing to see into something that doesn't provide quite enough light. For that purpose, I carry a Novatac 120T flashlight. It has several different levels of light, from what you'd get from a keychain LED to bright enough to dazzle you if you look at it wrong. It fits right in my pocket and runs on a single rechargable battery, though I could use a primary in a pinch..

IMG_0006.jpg

I carry a small wallet with a backup credit card knife tucked inside. It also contains all my wallet type stuff, ie., ID cards, debit cards, so forth..

IMG_0008.jpg

I don't have pics of them, but I'm going to have car keys to one of my cars, both of which have a small leatherman on board. Lastly, I always have an inkpen on me. I don't have a preference as to type or brand, but I do prefer it to be a gel pen. I work with thermal paper all the time, and gel pens will work when a ballpoint won't.

For the sake of staying on topic, I'm leaving firearms from my post. I'm interested in what you carry AND use, and most folks don't "use" their firearms on a daily basis. If you're Bob Munden or serving in the military right now, then your firearm is a big part of your life and I'd love to hear about it. For the majority of folks in Indiana, though, I'm assuming that you're like me, and day in, day out you're not "using" your firearm, even if you carry it everywhere you go.

So let's hear it! And as always, showing is better than telling, so pics are fantastic :)

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Gun or two, spare ammo, flashlight, Gerber tool, Kershaw knife, small led light and swiss tool on my keychain. This is always on my person. In vehicles I have full jump bags for first aid ( I'm a career Firefighter/EMT), Plus GHB.:rockwoot:

shark29er

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    I love that knife

I have the same Benchmade, although w/o serrations, and keep it together with a surefire g2 and multiplier in my daily backpack.

Day to day though I keep the CRKT Kiss with me as my money clip. I love it, and I think I have had it on my person everyday for about 10 years.
    CR-5500.jpg

CR-5500, CRKT, K.I.S.S., Plain Edge

I just wish it came in a left handed model because I keep it in my left pocket.

Mrs. Hoppes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen
    In my purse (I use a "backpack" style) I carry 2 cloth diapers, a pull-up, day planner with DL, insurance cards for each of us, emergency medical info for each family member complete with medication listings and allergies along with insurance number, contact info, PCP name and number, etc.

In the vehicle is a fully stocked diaper bag, and a tub w/lid and in it is a complete change of clothing per child along with a fleece blanket for each of them.

Since fall is arriving, we will also be making sure we have emergency food in the vehicle beyond the normal "Here are some crackers, now please quit fighting."

drnorris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Daily Carry

On my person is a Swiss Army Knife. It has plain & serrated blades, straight & phillips screwdrivers, scissors, awl, & tweezers. This is the biggest I can get & still be able to carry it is a dress pants pocket.
    In my car are two BOB's.
    The big one is a back pack with 3 liter water bladder, 1 liter Nalgene, first aid kit, MRE & granolas, fixed blade knife & small stone, two flashlights, 550 rope, fire starting, compass, small shelter, plastic shovel, and some spare clothes.
    The small one is a fanny pack with a 1 liter bladder, fire starting, flashlight, compass, signal mirror, space blanket, small 1st aid kit, and a hidden compartment for a pistol or other stuff. I also carry a multitool on the belt strap.
    Everything in the little one can go in the big one if necessary.

Don

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    This is what I was carrying a year ago:

c_med.jpg

I might be able to get a more recent pic up as soon as I am back up and running (busted ankle).

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    You alright? If you need anything, just give me a ring :)

Just a bad sprain. Supposed to stay off of it for a few days and wait for the purple color to leave. Means I have to stay on the couch, stay home, watch TV, etc. I will be fine. But thanks for the offer.

As for BOB's, I just realized that my wife might find BOB's for the kids a bit much. Need to think about that more carefully.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    INGO doesn't have enough disk space for me to list all of the things I carry on my person all the time, especially if I list redundant/backup items. It would be easier to list what I don't have in my pockets or on my belt.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    INGO doesn't have enough disk space for me to list all of the things I carry on my person all the time, especially if I list redundant/backup items. It would be easier to list what I don't have in my pockets or on my belt.

People have said that you put batman to shame with his little itty bitty belt of underpowered and ill considered "tools"!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    He carries a few things I don't, though:
    • Batarang
    • Anti-shark Bat-spray
    • Keys to the Batmobile, Batboat, Batplane, and Batcycle
    • Naughty photos of Catwoman (autographed by Ms Julie Newmar)
    Well, sometimes I carry naughty photos of Catwoman too, but not always.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    He carries a few things I don't, though:
    • Batarang
    • Anti-shark Bat-spray
    • Keys to the Batmobile, Batboat, Batplane, and Batcycle
    • Naughty photos of Catwoman (autographed by Ms Julie Newmar)
    Well, sometimes I carry naughty photos of Catwoman too, but not always.

when did you quit carrying the Anti-shark Bat-spray? and i know you still carry the batarang...you just can't find it. :):

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I have my wallet packed with crap I don't really need beyond my insurance card and ID and debit card. All my other "cards" serve as "keys" to locked doors should I find myself locked out one night. I'm screwed if she locks the deadbolt...

I also carry my Remington folder kaneef (knife), gun and extra mag, ink pen, sometimes my tracfone, and smokes and two lighters. I carry my Zippo as my primary and a Bic as a backup. I can never be without my "roll-your-owns". (Cheaper than normal smokes) I try not to carry my cell phone since I have no minutes on it, but even when I do, I hate to scare the fish away with some annoying ringing or vibrations... Inkpen is whatever I happen to grab as we have tons. Sometimes I carry my BSA Swiss Army knife, but I like my Remington because it's all black and serated. :D

And I PRAY I never need my sidearm, but with the way things are going....

Top Bottom