Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN

From their Facebook page.

Precision Gun Range

13h ·

To Our Valued Customers:
    It is with a heavy heart that Precision Gun Range must close our shooting range. We made many friends, very good friends, that we will miss. I hope and pray that you can find another gun range so you can safety practice shooting. Our last day of operation will be April 30, 2021.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry

From their Facebook page.​

Precision Gun Range

13h ·

To Our Valued Customers:
    It is with a heavy heart that Precision Gun Range must close our shooting range. We made many friends, very good friends, that we will miss. I hope and pray that you can find another gun range so you can safety practice shooting. Our last day of operation will be April 30, 2021.
    Hate to hear that, not many ranges left.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Looks like a cool place to shoot. Too bad it is closing. The ammo shortage is having a big impact on shooting sports.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    That's unfortunate. They have had more than a fair share of difficulties. Too bad they couldn't get enough traction to get through them, build some clientele and generate enough income to keep it going.

I shot a steel event out there once and was talking to a guy just last week about taking some guys from work out there to do some shooting.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I never shot there, but I knew a couple of people who did. Seemed like they were always closing ranges for one reason or another, never had long range up and running, and TBH charged too much for what you could actually do there. Dunno if it was neighbor problems or what.

Can't seem to get and keep good outdoor ranges in this part of the state.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Its sad to see a range close.

No disrespect to the owners of this operation, but I think they were in over their head from the beginning.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Its sad to see a range close.

No disrespect to the owners of this operation, but I think they were in over their head from the beginning.
    I tend to agree. I met one of the owners. Retired LE which doesn't mean he knows how to run a business, gun range or not. He was excited about having a range, but it takes more than passion to run a successful business. I think they tried to get The Well Armed Woman of some other similar program going but that fizzled out quickly.
    And in this area, there probably isn't a lot of people interested in shooting enough to support a public range. Plus, like mentioned above, shooting is becoming an activity for the financially blessed.

I did the one steel shoot and when a guy swept all of us with his PCC and the RO didn't DQ him, I knew then I would not be back for any events.

Then they got into trouble with neighbors downrange saying rounds were hitting their homes. I don't know whatever came of that, but I'm sure it didn't help. They got a lot of bad press from that situation.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I tend to agree. I met one of the owners. Retired LE which doesn't mean he knows how to run a business, gun range or not. He was excited about having a range, but it takes more than passion to run a successful business. I think they tried to get The Well Armed Woman of some other similar program going but that fizzled out quickly.
    And in this area, there probably isn't a lot of people interested in shooting enough to support a public range. Plus, like mentioned above, shooting is becoming an activity for the financially blessed.

I did the one steel shoot and when a guy swept all of us with his PCC and the RO didn't DQ him, I knew then I would not be back for any events.

Then they got into trouble with neighbors downrange saying rounds were hitting their homes. I don't know whatever came of that, but I'm sure it didn't help. They got a lot of bad press from that situation.
    I met the same owner a couple times. Nice guy, but not familiar with common shooting range protocols.

The owners were well intentioned, but had hardly any range experience. They either didn't have the time or the desire to see how other established ranges handled operations.

From safe gun handling to the design of the range itself, anyone with much time spent in training or shooting sports could see critical problems from the time the range opened.

Top Bottom