• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PolishBulldog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 22, 2018
    Portage
    I've seen many mixed reviews on the most recent batch of PPK's made by Smith & Wesson and was wondering if anyone on here has had any experience. I also hear they plan to be re-released again this year but not sure who's making them this time around.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I've seen many mixed reviews on the most recent batch of PPK's made by Smith & Wesson and was wondering if anyone on here has had any experience. I also hear they plan to be re-released again this year but not sure who's making them this time around.

If it were me, I'd stick with the Walthers made in Germany in the 60s/70s/80s. You'll pay a premium; but, you can still find them LNIB. I have always been unimpressed by the fit/finish of the S&W PPKs.

Jump62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island

I had an Interarms PPKs from the late 1970s until to was stolen and I currently have a S&W PPKs in .380 I got in 2013 and as far as feel, shooting and reliability I can not tell the difference. Here is a link to a 2018 Walther catalog It lives! New Walther PPK(/S) 2-page article in Walther 2018 Catalog! - WaltherForums and it seems that the slide and the slides internal parts are coming from the Fatherland and the lower is going to come from the USA for the 2018 PPKs. I like my PPKs and while the design is old it works well for me. And the schmuck that took my Interarms PPKs may he find a cold spot in He11.
    Jump62
    aka Paul

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    I had an Interarms PPKs from the late 1970s until to was stolen and I currently have a S&W PPKs in .380 I got in 2013 and as far as feel, shooting and reliability I can not tell the difference. Here is a link to a 2018 Walther catalog It lives! New Walther PPK(/S) 2-page article in Walther 2018 Catalog! - WaltherForums and it seems that the slide and the slides internal parts are coming from the Fatherland and the lower is going to come from the USA for the 2018 PPKs. I like my PPKs and while the design is old it works well for me. And the schmuck that took my Interarms PPKs may he find a cold spot in He11.
    Jump62
    aka Paul

I also had a beautiful late 70's interarms PPKS stolen from me. Id love to find the guy. Id even let him have the gun, right up his *ss.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana

Some of the S&W PPK/S were good, some were bad. Check the feed ramps (make sure the barrel doesn't have a lip between it and the ramp0 and try to handle first.

Walther didn't like the reputation S&W gave the PPK/S so that was one reason they axed them. Walther wanted to bring them back last year and this year but the hold up is the German government, or so I've been told. If they get re-released, they will be Walther made

I'm hoping they bring back the TPH and in a suppressor ready model :)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Some of the S&W PPK/S were good, some were bad. Check the feed ramps (make sure the barrel doesn't have a lip between it and the ramp0 and try to handle first.

Walther didn't like the reputation S&W gave the PPK/S so that was one reason they axed them. Walther wanted to bring them back last year and this year but the hold up is the German government, or so I've been told. If they get re-released, they will be Walther made

I'm hoping they bring back the TPH and in a suppressor ready model :)

If it happens, ill buy one when i wake up on a credit card.

edit: nah i wouldn't. Still just butt hurt.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom