• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    All high profile liberals have security. That security involves firearms. Count on it.

But don't forget, they're different. They're special. They are the chosen. When they say no guns they mean for YOU not THEM.

I would call these people hypocrites!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    There are quite a few on here who call themselves liberal and own guns, zphique. For my part, I do not believe that abortion is a good choice, but I prefer that individuals have the unfettered right to make that choice themselves, rather than some government pencil-neck making it for them "for their own good". Similarly, I do not agree with drug laws or sex laws as we have them in this country; what individual adults choose to do on their own with other consenting adults is their own business, but hand-in-glove with that is that those individuals take responsibility for their choices and the consequences of those choices. (that is, if you and your sister decide to do what's necessary to make a baby and you succeed in doing so, you are responsible for that little life for the next 18 years minimum; maybe longer if the offspring has developmental disabilities.)

I am not a liberal. Some conservatives might claim I'm not one of them, either (though I'm far more the latter than the former.) I am a libertarian, and the lower-case "L" is intentional. I believe in smaller government, and I believe in that government's actions being severely restricted by our founding documents, including the DoI and Constitution, as amended. I don't want government in the church or vice versa. I don't want government in the bedroom (or vice versa!) I don't want them at the liquor store, the pharmacy, or much of anywhere, really. I want my government to be like a 1920s child: Seen and not heard unless I call for its presence... and then, maybe!

Yes, I believe there can be liberal gun owners.

Blessings,
    Bill

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    There are quite a few on here who call themselves liberal and own guns, zphique. For my part, I do not believe that abortion is a good choice, but I prefer that individuals have the unfettered right to make that choice themselves, rather than some government pencil-neck making it for them "for their own good". Similarly, I do not agree with drug laws or sex laws as we have them in this country; what individual adults choose to do on their own with other consenting adults is their own business, but hand-in-glove with that is that those individuals take responsibility for their choices and the consequences of those choices. (that is, if you and your sister decide to do what's necessary to make a baby and you succeed in doing so, you are responsible for that little life for the next 18 years minimum; maybe longer if the offspring has developmental disabilities.)

I am not a liberal. Some conservatives might claim I'm not one of them, either (though I'm far more the latter than the former.) I am a libertarian, and the lower-case "L" is intentional. I believe in smaller government, and I believe in that government's actions being severely restricted by our founding documents, including the DoI and Constitution, as amended. I don't want government in the church or vice versa. I don't want government in the bedroom (or vice versa!) I don't want them at the liquor store, the pharmacy, or much of anywhere, really. I want my government to be like a 1920s child: Seen and not heard unless I call for its presence... and then, maybe!

Blessings,
    Bill
    :+1:excellent post and explanation. and I completely agree with everything you just said, as they are my points exactly. And by definition of you wanting government the way you describe it, that is conservatism, Paleoconservatism. But most of us Constitutional libertarians are.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

Blessings,
    Bill
    I agree....:twocents:

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010

Blessings,
    Bill

Let me preface Bill's remarks by stating that I agree with him 100%. I too, consider myself a modern day libertarian, but largely for reasons beyond the rationale of others.

I'd also note, that 110 years ago, the term "liberal" meant exactly what libertarian means today. The progressive movement hijacked the word for their own purpose, using the phraseology of the day old, to make their points today.

Back upon the subject and herein lies the problem, as I view it: Many people are just too damned stupid, stubborn, hard-headed, or apathetic to understand that their behavior and/or choices may be destructive in ways that affect individual members of society, or society as a whole, in the process.

Certainly the money largely spent upon public safety wouldn't be required, if people would consider and act upon the consequence of their actions, or for that fact, inactions. Greed has also so burdened the courts, that a civil action filed to redress a situation immediately, is dragged out for years, under the guise of a defendant's right for his due process rights. Of course, these general examples are only two, of the millions of wrongs that society tolerates within it.

With rights, come responsibilities, as freedom certainly isn't free. In my mind, not only do modern day liberals have the right to own a firearm, it should be required.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville

Blessings,
    Bill

:+1:
    Clearly the best post I have seen since I joined this site. :patriot:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Rep to Bill - even though it's unneeded. Sums up my beliefs to a "t" and saves me from retyping.

Rep is never needed but always appreciated. Thank you and the other person who repped this post.

Let me preface Bill's remarks by stating that I agree with him 100%. I too, consider myself a modern day libertarian, but largely for reasons beyond the rationale of others.

I'd also note, that 110 years ago, the term "liberal" meant exactly what libertarian means today. The progressive movement hijacked the word for their own purpose, using the phraseology of the day old, to make their points today.

Back upon the subject and herein lies the problem, as I view it: Many people are just too damned stupid, stubborn, hard-headed, or apathetic to understand that their behavior and/or choices may be destructive in ways that affect individual members of society, or society as a whole, in the process.

Certainly the money largely spent upon public safety wouldn't be required, if people would consider and act upon the consequence of their actions, or for that fact, inactions. Greed has also so burdened the courts, that a civil action filed to redress a situation immediately, is dragged out for years, under the guise of a defendant's right for his due process rights. Of course, these general examples are only two, of the millions of wrongs that society tolerates within it.

With rights, come responsibilities, as freedom certainly isn't free. In my mind, not only do modern day liberals have the right to own a firearm, it should be required.

You had me right up to the last line, and I might agree with that... but you're going to have to define "by whom" before I will know. That whole "smaller government" thing precludes a requirement by law. I don't mean to :stickpoke: over this point, you just raised my curiosity when you said you agreed with my post, then that last sentence countered it... maybe. Clarify, please? :)

on sylvester stallones permit he lists his height at 5'10" I thought lying was an automatic DENIED

It's not a lie. Consider his job title: Actor.

He's just getting under his role. ;) :D
    :+1:
    Clearly the best post I have seen since I joined this site. :patriot:
    Thank you very much. :)

Blessings,
    Bill

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    If actors like Stallone are so anti-gun, then they should refuse to use them in the motion pictures they are in. They should throw rocks instead.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    You had me right up to the last line, and I might agree with that... but you're going to have to define "by whom" before I will know. That whole "smaller government" thing precludes a requirement by law. I don't mean to :stickpoke: over this point, you just raised my curiosity when you said you agreed with my post, then that last sentence countered it... maybe. Clarify, please?

Regardless of political belief (or even for that matter: race, creed, sexual orientation, et al.), the citizenry has an absolute responsibility to the Republic, particularly in a time of emergency. If that entails the carrying of a firearm, then so be it.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Regardless of political belief (or even for that matter: race, creed, sexual orientation, et al.), the citizenry has an absolute responsibility to the Republic, particularly in a time of emergency. If that entails the carrying of a firearm, then so be it.

So... required by personal sense of duty? I can go with that. If someone chooses to be an intentional, willing victim, though, that is their choice, and not my prerogative to overrule or override them.

YMMV.

Blessings,
    Bill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    We all remember Sean Penn walking around New Orleans after Katrina with a shotgun.

225967196_d2a4280105.jpg

I wonder what other famous celebrities/politicians pose as gun haters but secretly own them?

You mean the same Sean Penn who would go down on Chavez in a half-second's time?

I am still not impressed.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom