• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    What if it's private property?

Signs themselves might not, but you've got to be a moron to open carry in a park etc where there are no-carrying signs, or in a gun store where they specifically say not to. I know many instances where even in gun stores open carrying might get you a quick :draw: from the shop clerk. ;)

I don't know, I guess I just prefer not to be arrested or shot lol...

My comment was referring to the fact that a posted sign doesn't make it illegal (and therefore an arrestable offense). I wasn't addressing the wisdom of OC vs CC in a given location.

If it's private property, they can only ask you to leave, and failure to do so is trespassing. Having a gun on you at that point is irrelevant as it would be trespassing regardless.

If it's public property, they can't even ask you to leave, provided you are not otherwise breaking a law (for example, public intoxication).

/IANAL, etc.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Signs themselves might not, but you've got to be a moron to open carry in a park etc where there are no-carrying signs, or in a gun store where they specifically say not to. I know many instances where even in gun stores open carrying might get you a quick :draw: from the shop clerk. ;)

I don't know, I guess I just prefer not to be arrested or shot lol...

You do realize a clerk who :draw: on someone for OC is in deep poop right?

I've been into several shops OC'ing never had an issue. If some idiot clerk draws on me, I'm pressing charges. If you do know of such a clerk you'd better educate them quickly on the law. It's no joking matter.

BennyBlown2v

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Zionsville, IN
    You do realize a clerk who :draw: on someone for OC is in deep poop right?

I've been into several shops OC'ing never had an issue. If some idiot clerk draws on me, I'm pressing charges. If you do know of such a clerk you'd better educate them quickly on the law. It's no joking matter.

I didn't mean literally :rolleyes: But if for some reason you came into my (hypothetical) store and I had no-loaded-carry signs posted, and I asked you not to carry, if you refused and wouldn't leave then the police would be on there way and my hand on my weapon ready to draw. An armed trespasser isn't somebody to take lightly :popcorn: When you're in somebodies store I think you should treat it as if you are a guest in their home - though I think most of the time those no loaded gun signs are more for safety of negligent discharges, anyway; it's just the odds that eventually there would be an accident if everybody who brought weapons into the store and needed them looked at/serviced had to unload them.

I am/was speaking purely hypothetically, anyway, and meant no disrespect.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I didn't mean literally :rolleyes: But if for some reason you came into my (hypothetical) store and I had no-loaded-carry signs posted, and I asked you not to carry, if you refused and wouldn't leave then the police would be on there way and my hand on my weapon ready to draw.

No problem. There are plenty of other stores that respect my 2A rights. I'll be more than happy to take my business elsewhere.

foxxie02

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    May 23, 2008
    i know the feeling

even when getting gas or something else really trivial it seems as though the whole gas station and everybody driving by is looking directly at you, but this has gotten easier over time. the best ones are when people ask why you do it and they express that it scares them..... sorry a$$ people afraid of their own rights! like the idea of oc getogethers but need something on the west side of the state.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I didn't mean literally :rolleyes: But if for some reason you came into my (hypothetical) store and I had no-loaded-carry signs posted, and I asked you not to carry, if you refused and wouldn't leave then the police would be on there way and my hand on my weapon ready to draw. An armed trespasser isn't somebody to take lightly :popcorn:
    Refusing to leave (armed trespassing) is a far cry from just walking in and someone drawing down on a an OC'er (as you described).

Top Bottom