• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    A family fallen on hard times did the best they could by renting a storage unit and moving their family in there. The alternative was homelessness or welfare. The State doesn't approve of their improvisation and confiscated all 6 of their children. Depend on the State or else the State will take your family.

CPS takes custody of 6 kids living with parents in rental storage shed

storage-shed-kids-5.jpg

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Is running water really a requirement for retaining your parental rights? How many of our grandparents lived without running water? CPS must find the living conditions of the Amish to be pretty abusive too, right?

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    kids look, healthy, happy and not starved.....Roof over their head.....hell they even have air.....What else do they need??????

oh they are missing a big brother, I see the problem, now!!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It's Texas, those folks are screwed on a number of fronts. There's a good chance that those kids will be spread out all over the state, as has happened in previous cases of government inspired child kidnapping down there. Texas is far from the freedom first bastion that some people would have you believe it is. It's just another big government state, only run by "conservatives". My heart goes out to that family. They actually have a better place to live than my dad grew up in. Thank goodness there was no child theft agency back then.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    So now they are somewhere worse because of lack of running water? Thats crazy, I hope someone in Texas steps up and helps these kids out.

insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    I can't even understand where people get the idea that they have any say what people do with their kid. As long as they are not being hurt, then stay out of it. If my kid was being hurt by me or my wife you had better believe my worst problem would not be CPS, but my family.

That said, show up to take my kid and be ready to fight. Some things are worth prison or death and protecting your family is one of them.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Is running water really a requirement for retaining your parental rights? How many of our grandparents lived without running water? CPS must find the living conditions of the Amish to be pretty abusive too, right?

You're right rambone. You should do something about it.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Sorry bunch of family, friends and neighbors that would let something like this happen. IF we don't want to be dependent upon the government teet, then we better be ready to step up and help our neighbors when they need it.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Yes, I see some reason, right here!

If they're nourished and cared for, why is it a problem? You'd rather the bureaucrats take over and foot the bill yourself?

There's nothing actually illegal about what they are doing. The parents continue to live there.

Homeless shelters often separate the males and females and are filled with all sorts of degenerates and predators. Why WOULD you want to take your kids there?

This family did the best they could during a rough time. As far as I can tell they weren't asking for taxpayer handouts. I respect that.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Yes, I still have a problem with a family raising children at at storage facility. I'm not commenting on what I would rather have, statements like that are called false logic or false argument.

What would you rather them be given to Casey Anthony?

See how that works?

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    Yes, I still have a problem with a family raising children at at storage facility. I'm not commenting on what I would rather have, statements like that are called false logic or false argument.

What would you rather them be given to Casey Anthony?

See how that works?

You've got to be kidding me...do they look like they are not cared for? Whats wrong with the way they were living? They have food, clothes, shelter, and as I said air conditioning.....So, they didn't have running water in the apartment...My uncle didn't get running water in his house untill 1983 and he had 7 kids....they turned out alright....they look clean so, i would imagine they had water close by with restrooms. whether it be the office or an out house....I fail to see the problem....

Hell I have seen some storage facilities built better than some apartments. I dont see the system being better for these kids!!!!

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Three years living in a storage shed!!!! No that ain't gonna cut it. I can understand that no one wants the government interfering with their family unit. I might also be able to understand their living there temporarily. Three years living in a place with no running water ect is not good. I think the state of Tx. is right on this one.

Top Bottom