• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I suggest large stores with large parking lots. Park in the outer parking lot to avoid other shoppers. Park side by side, trunk to trunk. The open trunks will at least shield other views from what is going on behind the cars. Try to do all inspections of the firearm keeping the firearm inside the trunk. Once the deal is agreed upon, the firearm is quickly transferred from trunk to trunk.

BLACKCAT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Some of our problems are caused by us. Some are always pushing the right to own and carry a gun. Just carry your gun and don't brag about it. Use your head and stop giving gunowners a bad name to be used against them. Maybe you should loose your gunrights if you can't use your head. You could be dead laying in the parking lot with your gun rights being read at your funeral

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Another stupid cop that doesn't know he law. What does knowing each other or it being an "eBay deal (not even sure wtf that is...)" have to do with anything about the law?

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Think about this hypothetical post:

STUPID COP

Did you guys see the news today about that robbery/homicide at the speedway on the northside? Come to find out, theres a cop, ON CAMERA, walking toward the guys standing at their trunk, GETTING THE SHOTGUN OUT, and he did NOTHING. This stupid cop just walked right past, got in his car, and let them rob the place. WAY TO GO IMPD.

Or this one:

COP GUNNED DOWN

Did you guys hear about the cop who was shot at the speedway, up on the north side? Apparently he stumbled on two guys that were going to rob the place, he walked up on them, asked them what they were doing, and they killed him.

Try to keep an open mind people.

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    I sold a gun one time to a friend at a gas station. We had dinner (two couples), and were parting ways and still needed to make the deal. A gas station had the proper lighting, however there was really no one around. Otherwise I would have found something different.

What was kind of funny about it was that it just happened to be in Boulder, CO. (Think Berkeley, CA.) :)

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    The cop didn't point his gun at them...he just checked them out. If you were selling a baggie of oregano in a gas station parking lot I would expect the same reaction. The OP who was actually involved stated that his post was not meant to bash the cop. The only thing the cop did wrong was run his mouth about eBay for no reason.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    The cop didn't point his gun at them...he just checked them out. If you were selling a baggie of oregano in a gas station parking lot I would expect the same reaction. The OP who was actually involved stated that his post was not meant to bash the cop. The only thing the cop did wrong was run his mouth about eBay for no reason.
    After you've been here a while you'll learn that EVERY thread is opportunity for certain people here to bash Cops.
    It's a disorder called Astynomiaphobia. :)
    What is the word for fear of police

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    ^Agree^ When yo go to a public place and have a firearm out for an extended period of time what do you really think is going to happen in most cases. The LEO responded fine. If the LEO was really wanting to be a pain he would have made the op unload his other firearm and run through that ringer but they did not. As far as the "ebay" comment there is nothing illegal about saying a something like that.

This right here is why it's so damn hard to keep our BASIC RKBA alive. Even people who should know better have fallen victim to the fallacy that because bad people do bad things with inanimate objects, we should all suddenly fear the inanimate objects and all those who possess them.

America is collectively the stupidest nation on earth. And I am embarrassed by the responses of this ilk in this thread.

Thats a lot of pretty words. However, I didn't get past the first sentence before I found something that was blatantly false.

Agreed with the blatantly false statement, but I didn't find the word to be particularly attractive.

In Warren and subsequent rulings across the country that cited the same, the court at least ruled that a duty to provide public services is owed to the public at large.

Gentleman, what the courts have ruled is somewhat arbitrary and capricious given that in another hundred years it could all be undone. I believe what the author of that post was attempting to say is that the role of LE in this nation should be extremely limited in scope. And to that end, he is not incorrect. The insertion of a LEO into a private transaction should be completely unacceptable to us. I concede this is a discussion in hypotheticals. But I would argue that taking the position of "Well, this is how it is now" is dangerous and ignorant. It is definitely not a justification for the status quo, else we might still have things like slavery.

So while we can look at this officer's behavior in light of the current reality and argue that he was justified in his reaction based on idiotic things like recent events and public opinion, we would do well to remember that these are not the standards we should be using to judge the behavior of LE. Good intentions have never been acceptable from the politicians. Why do we have a double standard for LE?

How the heck do you have maxed out rep?

Because people like you and me dispense 4 or 5 badges at a time. It's ridiculous. I hardly rep newbs anymore because I can't stand the thought of seeing rep go up that much that quickly.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    COME ON GUYS! You're all being too harsh. This was Obama's new background check system. It's instant now, LEO runs your license, come back clean and no paperwork required! Why's everyone complaining?

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This right here is why it's so damn hard to keep our BASIC RKBA alive. Even people who should know better have fallen victim to the fallacy that because bad people do bad things with inanimate objects, we should all suddenly fear the inanimate objects and all those who possess them.

America is collectively the stupidest nation on earth. And I am embarrassed by the responses of this ilk in this thread.

So while we can look at this officer's behavior in light of the current reality and argue that he was justified in his reaction based on idiotic things like recent events and public opinion, we would do well to remember that these are not the standards we should be using to judge the behavior of LE. Good intentions have never been acceptable from the politicians. Why do we have a double standard for LE?

88GT, Since it appears you took offense to my response let me add, respectfully. There was no infringement on any RKBA there (or was my response even suggesting that) However if someone/or some group is in a parking lot with a firearm out it is not irrational for an officer to look into it if he observes it. (If a citizen calls it in most dispatchers unless there is screaming/fighting in the background notify the LEO to "Make your own case" which is done so officers don't go flying into something that isn't as serious as the caller made it out to be. Believe it or not LEO's do know complaintents sometimes are Drama Queens) In this case like hundreds of others everything checked out. The Officer making the reference to ebay was a whole other topic. Really no different than Joe Public making a smart comment towards an Officer.

It has nothing to do with any "current trend", shooting etc. No different than if a vehicle is weaving across and the LEO checks it out just in this case it involved a firearm and some here automatically think there is a dark motive to take it away or restrict rights or whatever they believe.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom