• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SockMonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    On Wednesday, the National Association for Gun Rights posted a picture of a Kel Tec that I really liked. I currently have an S&W Sigma 9, but don't carry it much because it's so big and heavy. I prefer to have it for my home protection. The picture got me thinking about what kind of pocket pistol should be my next purchase. It would be nice to stick with a 9mm, but it wouldn't HAVE to be. What suggestions do you have? I did see a pretty one here: Kimber America | Solo CDP (LG)

And looked at several others. I kinda liked the Kel Tec PF-9. Any other thoughts or suggestions?

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Look at some reviews about the Kimber Solo...absolute GARBAGE!!
    The Kahr pm9, or CM9 (which is a few hundred less), is an excellent pocket pistol in 9mm. Lots of guys like the kel-tec pf9, Beretta Nano seems like a good gun. For a slightly larger size but still small the S&W Shield also seems like a great pistol.

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    I'm really starting to like my p-64. Great shooter after the Wolfe spring kit was installed. It's reliable and the thumb safety locks the firing pin. What else could you want in a pocket / backup gun?

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I'm rather partial to my .380 Bodyguard. It was never going to be my first choice, but it kind of fell into my hands. Now that they got through the teething pains that plagued the early releases, the one I carry has been dead reliable through the 500-600 rounds I've put downrange with it. Quite surprisingly accurate, good sights, about the best ergonomics you'll find in a polymer framed pocket pistol, it conceals completely just by dropping it in a front pocket. I don't consider the laser to be much more than a novelty, but having said that it is well integrated into the platform.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Kahr PM9 or CM9 if you want 9mm; P380 if you want something even smaller and easier to conceal. The latter has been my 24/7 gun for a couple years now; usually backup to a bigger gun, but is nice to throw in the pocket for a run to the corner store, etc.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    My PM9 is my almost constant companion. Very accurate and mine has been 100% reliable after well over 2000 practice rounds.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Kahr PM9 is a great choice. A couple of my buddies carry these off duty and I think highly of them.

My personal experience with Kel-Tec products has not been as favorable. Take that for exactly what it is worth.

Personally I went with the S&W 642 revolver. But I can be a little different sometimes.

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    I had a 3PAT and did not care for it. I sold it and got a Bodyguard and
    It was much better. Sold it and got a Sig 238 and love it. I am very pleased..
    You may want to check out the Sig 938. I also have a s
    239 -not a pocket gun but still compact. It is my EDC.

Top Bottom