• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I picked up a Polish P-64 Makarov and need some advice on what kind of pocket holster to use for it. Like most of us I have a drawer full of holsters and don't want to add many more to it. I took a dremel tool to shave off the pinky extensions to fit my hand better. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    P-64 pocket carry?

That's the largest, heaviest gun that could possibly fit in your pocket (if it does).

Also, the P-64 is not drop safe.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    P-64 pocket carry?

That's the largest, heaviest gun that could possibly fit in your pocket (if it does).

No, it is small. This is the Polish Makarov, 6 round magazine, not the one with the 8 round magazine, and better made than the 8 round Makarov. The magazine pinky just got in the way that is why I filed them off. The same would be true of a Ruger LC9s, I like the flat plate magazine much better than the little pinky extension.

Also, the P-64 is not drop safe.

Don't drop it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Don't drop it.

Dang it, the pictures seemed to have left the internet (is that possible?).

It's easy enough to say "don't drop it", but at least for me, that flaw in a pistol excludes it from carry duty. Others may have the same opinion. Combine that along with the fact that it's heavy and has a small mag cap for its size... mine stays in the safe.

YMMV.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    P-64 pocket carry?

I guess it depends on your pocket. I routinely pocket carry a Ruger SP-101 or a Bulgarian Makarov if I'm wearing shorts with deep pockets. A size 3 crappy 'ol Uncle Mike's from Wal-Mart has been serving well for both pistols for several years now.

Top Bottom