• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Pocket carried at work for more than a decade, to sum it up, it sucks. It was pocket carry or nothing and was done outta necessity.
    I started with a Shield and went to a slightly smaller DAO auto. Tried running a soft pocket holster and wound up with a custom kydex made by a member here. Went from jeans to Duluth Firehose and wound up with Key Bibs, the gun/holster/pocket trio is the hardest part to combo up until ya have something acceptable......................and it still sucks.
    Newly retired, but if I ever found the necessity to return to pocket carry, I surely wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Still a fan of snub 38s for this, both the gardener and I use S&W model 49s.
    If I woke up tomorrow in 1963, I'd probably opt for a S&W 49 as well. Likely with a Tyler T-grip. :)

I've got a 1970's Model 36 in the safe. Beautiful little gun. I pocket carried it a good bit, many years ago. You just have to remember to cover the hammer with your thumb when drawing, to prevent snagging. If I was to pocket carry a snubby on a regular basis today, I'd probably go with a S&W 649, due to the shrouded hammer and the fact that I absolutely hate Airweights. Or forgo the hammer and go with a Kimber K6. Shootability is so much better with a steel frame.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Only thing goes in my pants pockets are keys, knife, wallet, and a spare magazine or two.
    In a suit jacket pocket I have in the past carried a snub nose 38 Special.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Glock-27 right front summer jeans or cargo’s, nothing else.
    When it’s gdark and my wife and I circle the subdivision I’ll toss the G-23 with MIC holster guard in the right front.
    Was going to be bold the other night and tried that trick with a G-22 w/light, of course it sticks out, we wear reflector vests so as not to get into the weekly pedestrian killed, driver runs off news article, but….the bbl of the G-22 w/light was a nut cracker!
    So into the belt Mexicano it went with the MIC attached.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Yes sir, let me give you my wallet, by that time all I have to do is sit and cry while my wife dials 911. I don’t wear short pants. What in the h*** is a cargo pocket? How do you get to an ankel holster inside your boot? You carry a gun or you don’t, all that other stuff is for
    Well I do have a holster that fits inside my boot.

Wrangler Cargo Shorts, the pocket that rides just above your knee.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    1) I hate pocket carry. As a gentlemen of a certain girth about the thighs, I'd have to wear Hammer pants to carry anything I can shoot worth a poo.

2) Draw times aren't the point. The point of pocket carry is the 'draw time' doesn't start until you've established your grip. It's a feining compliance draw or an unobserved draw, neither of which require hell-for-leather draws.

3) Under-armor style undershirt, gun, outer shirt. The wicking undershirt makes the heat less burdesome and keeps the gun from contacting your skin, which is bad for the gun and for your skin...
    I have decided pocket carry is not for me, I may continue to do so while working around the homestead.

I am not sure draw time is the real issue If I am being honest, I just do not feel it is the best option for me, due to a lot of things including confidence .

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Disclaimer: Professional Responsible Carry Gunowners Aside…..

All others…

Pockets are for change and keys. Quality Holsters are for guns. Responsible Gun carry is not complete without both. If you can’t dress to wear a holster, stay home.

In purple of course.
    I think I was trying to fix a problem that was nit there, for me the heat does not bother me unless
    I have carried an lcp in pocket and ankle quite a bit.

Imho, lcp really shines in the support side pocket to give another option for a concealed draw. (While carrying a Glock19 iwb strongside)

I also like the lcp on the ankle if i am going to be driving long distances.
    I have an ankle holster for my P 365 tha gets used daily but it would look kind of silly wearing shorts, but then again it could help promote open carry Lol

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    There are people that don’t wear cargo shorts? :bs:What does one wear in the summer if not cargo shorts?:stickpoke::lmfao:

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Summer is hard for me. Personally I hate the feeling of a gun up against my skin under my shirt. Ideally I like a layer between me and the gun, but it's too hot to wear more than one shirt. Even at church it's too hot to wear a vest or jacket over my dress shirts.
    So I try to limit the public appearances, and put my shirt between me and the IWB holster when I'm in the car.
    Bring on the fall and hoodies.

Top Bottom