Places to shoot trap or ranges/places that allow for throwing clays near Fort Wayne

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    People come from all over the country to shoot trap at St Joe Valley Conservation Club. A premier facility.

My neighbor used to shoot trap at Churubusco but i never went with him

Last edited:

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Back 40 (wobble) isn't too far, Indiana gun club isn't too far, I believe there's an Isaak Walton a bit north of FW with a solid trap setup as well.

Do you do sporting clays as well?

Spring1898

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 13, 2021
    North of Galveston
    Izaak Walton and Auburn are both close, St Joe's and Ideal not too far either, but I imagine the former will suit my needs.

I don't shoot much of anything right now, haven't shot at a clay pigeon in probably 18 years. Just looking for something to do once a week or so.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Izaak Walton and Auburn are both close, St Joe's and Ideal not too far either, but I imagine the former will suit my needs.

I don't shoot much of anything right now, haven't shot at a clay pigeon in probably 18 years. Just looking for something to do once a week or so.
    The IWL on Griffin road is open to the public Sunday 9a-1p. Summer shoots on Wednesday evenings should be starting soon, or maybe they already have.

The fields are always open to members, but the houses are not operable unless it is a scheduled shoot. Bring your own thrower or use the spring-loaded thrower that is provided.

I'll be the RSO on duty Saturday (6/5) 10a-3p if you want to stop by the R&P range and have a look around.

Spring1898

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 13, 2021
    North of Galveston
    I will have to take a look there.
    The membership thing would be very convenient for access to the facilities, but since I don't know how long I will be working in Ft Wayne it makes it difficult to justify since at the moment I am only scheduled until the end of June. They don't have a "Monthly Range access" membership do they?

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I will have to take a look there.
    The membership thing would be very convenient for access to the facilities, but since I don't know how long I will be working in Ft Wayne it makes it difficult to justify since at the moment I am only scheduled until the end of June. They don't have a "Monthly Range access" membership do they?
    Sorry, no. Annual memberships only. But...July 1 the membership will be prorated (discounted) for the rest of the year.

The public shoots on Wednesday and Sunday are probably your only options there.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom