• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biohazard

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    central indiana
    Does anyone have suggestions for training videos for pistol or carbine that they like and the reason why they like them?

:twocents:

Here are a couple of suggestions for good pistol videos.

I like the material in the Def Shooting series more than the other, though both are good. The Def Shooting series' video quality isn't that great but more than makes up for it in terms of the quality of information. He gives a better breakdown of the how and why of everything from the draw stroke to malfunctions than most. He also comes out and says that he is not trying to convert people to their method, just suggestions based on their experiences.

He has a clear, concise, and to the point presentation style. No fluff, no attitude, just down to business.

He is an ex cop and former Marine turned security consultant with multiple deployments.

Jim Grover (aka Kelly McCann)
    Defensive Shooting
    Handguns - JIM GROVER DEFENSIVE SHOOTING SERIES

Jim Grover (aka Kelly McCann)
    Inside the Crucible
    Handguns - INSIDE THE CRUCIBLE<br>An Exclusive Look at Kelly McCann's Individual Protective Measures Course<br>The Complete Series, Volumes 1&ndash;5

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Magpul Dynamics "Art of the Tactical Carbine". It very much puts the viewer into one of their classes, and highlights Chris' and Travis' abilities as instructors. It's entertaining, informative, and well produced. The 3rd DVD of the set includes a detailed breakdown of key drills so the viewer/student can practice them on his own. And at $40 for a 3-DVD set, it's priced very competitively.

Recommended.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Magpul Dynamics "Art of the Tactical Carbine". It very much puts the viewer into one of their classes, and highlights Chris' and Travis' abilities as instructors. It's entertaining, informative, and well produced. The 3rd DVD of the set includes a detailed breakdown of key drills so the viewer/student can practice them on his own. And at $40 for a 3-DVD set, it's priced very competitively.

Recommended.

I need to borrow that still......

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    In terms of actual instructional and educational value, the videos that Rob Pincus is doing for Second Amendment Foundation and now NRA as well are excellent.

I've had a Combat Focus pistol class with Rob and he is one of the best teachers in industry and probably the best at articulating the why and how of his methods and idea. A lot of excellent instructors are more "do it this way" and that's fine, but when I can understand why it helps me learn more effectively. Many of the things that Rob teaches were something I "knew" or believed, but now I know why I believe them.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I've got Tactical Response's Fighting Pistol, and I've seen Shooting Missology.

Both are excellent. They are basically exactly what you'd get if you were sitting in the classroom portion. You obviously don't get the live-fire practice, but Yeager does do the drills in the video.

$100 for the 3-dvd set is a bit salty. If you could only get one, I'd go with Missology for $40.

Top Bottom