Pistol Caliber Revolvers - any 9mm or 45acp wheel gunners?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've got a big Smith & Wesson 'N' frame chambered in 45acp that has been a long time favorite to shoot.

I noticed that Charter Arms is coming out with some sort of a new 9mm revolver that doesn't use 'moon' clips. I also noticed that Taurus has a compact 9mm revolver.

Anyone else here like to shoot pistol caliber revolvers? What do you have? What do you like about them?

The Taurus revolver looks like it might be a good back up gun as well as being a snappy little wheelgun.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I am intrigued by Ruger's Blackhawk .357/9mm convertible. It's on my list of guns to buy. Right next to the Marlin .357 rifle.

Does anybody have a 10mm revolver? the S&W Model 610 looks pretty slick as well.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I am intrigued by Ruger's Blackhawk .357/9mm convertible. It's on my list of guns to buy. Right next to the Marlin .357 rifle.

Does anybody have a 10mm revolver? the S&W Model 610 looks pretty slick as well.

Ditto on the Ruger and Marlin .357s!!!

I'd also love to find another SP101 in 9mm.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Nobody else?

I'm seriously looking at the Taurus stainless 9mm revolver. Seems like a nifty little gun . . . but I can't find one in stock locally, or at a decent price for a transfer.

Didn't know about those.. I'd sure like to check one out myself!

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    Past 625 junkie - but don't have one at the moment. Looking for another Model of 1989.

Blackhawk and Vaquero convertibles with ACP & Colt cylinders.

Taurus Tracker in ACP (wish I could find another). No need for moon clips here to headspace on, but it does make things easier to extract and quicker to reload.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Past 625 junkie - but don't have one at the moment. Looking for another Model of 1989.

Blackhawk and Vaquero convertibles with ACP & Colt cylinders.

Taurus Tracker in ACP (wish I could find another). No need for moon clips here to headspace on, but it does make things easier to extract and quicker to reload.
    Sorry for threadjack
    How does the 625 Model of 1989 compare to the 627 Model of 1989? The 627-0, IMO, is without a doubt the finest handgun ever made.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I had a Taurus 9mm Revolver when they first came out. Bought it as a backup to my then-duty Glock 17, figuring that a revolver in the same caliber would be great, because how often does a revolver fail?

It never fired quite right. I tried every range ammo I could find, and about a dozen personal protection ammo types and kept having light strikes.

The first time I sent it back, they said it just needed cleaning. They claimed to have cleaned it and tested it, and it worked fine. I tried it and had the same problem. Rangemaster at my local gunclub said it looked clean enough and sent it back again. They supposedly fixed it and returned it, saying they found some spring problems. Same issue. I exchanged it for a Glock 26 and never looked back..

I've handled several Taurus firearms before then and since then, and they've all been just fine. Don't know if mine was just a lemon or what, but I didn't hang around long enough to find out. I did see the ad for the new Charter Arms 9mm and I'm intrigued, but I've already got a nice .38 and don't see the need at this point. Maybe if I come up with some extra "Just 'Cause" money.. ;)

Top Bottom