• ...and so much more!
  • Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    I am building an ar for the first time and have a pile of parts but still need a barrel. I'm leaning towards a stainless barrel from PSA but I'm hesitant because the barrel size is .935 and the few gas blocks I can find are .936 . All of the .750 barrels seem to have gas blocks in matching sizes available. Is a .935 barrel some sort of oddball that isn't worth the sale price or am overthinking it?

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    .750, .935, .936, these are calibers? Of ARs?

One thousandths of an inch is the kind of gap a screw clamp is designed to address. If its a gas leakage issue, perhaps an excessively thin coating of thread locker between the barrel and the gas block is in order.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    .750, .935, .936, these are calibers? Of ARs?

One thousandths of an inch is the kind of gap a screw clamp is designed to address. If its a gas leakage issue, perhaps an excessively thin coating of thread locker between the barrel and the gas block is in order.

First,thanks for the reply. I think you answered my question that I didn't convey very well. The caliber I'm looking for is .223 the numbers I gave were the barrel diameters. My confusion was when I look at the gas block dimensions of different barrels the gas block sizes were listed for the .750 barrels as .750 . When I looked at the bull barrel it gave the dimension of .935 which as I understand it is standard for bull barrels, however I couldn't find any gas blocks that had .935 listed as their dimension, only .936 so I was concerned that the few gas blocks I could find wouldn't work. The clamp on blocks makes sense so I think I will give it a stab. Thanks again for the help.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OH! Those are the dimensions of the outside of the barrels, not the inside of the barrels. Yeah, I'd expect a .223 barrel with a OD of .935 at the gas port to accommodate a clamp-on gas block with a nominal size of .936 with ease.

Lookit me, sounding all gunsmithy and stuff. Confirm with a professional gunsmith what I said above before you act on it.

Top Bottom