• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    PF9!! Had a little problem to start, POLISH THE CHAMBER!! with a piece of green scotch brite pad in a back and forth motion, loctite on the extractor screw. Ive had both, still have the pf9

seadoodr.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    martinsville
    Thanks for the info fellas! Im pretty happy going witht the Bersa. Cant wait to get it out and start practiceing with it. Any of you guys know if the Bersa will handle the steel case ammo for practice? Would be a little cheaper to use it.
    Havent tried the stell case stuff yet but it like everything else I've run through it. Bradis has aluminum case blazer 95gr.fmj 200 rounds for 49.95.:)

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    Thanks for the info fellas! Im pretty happy going witht the Bersa. Cant wait to get it out and start practiceing with it. Any of you guys know if the Bersa will handle the steel case ammo for practice? Would be a little cheaper to use it.

My wife owned a Bersa CC Thunder 380. We ran quite a bit of steel cased ammo through it with no problems at all. She eventually traded it to get into a Ruger LC9 which, even with the ridiculously long trigger pull on the LC9, she manages to shoot much more accurately...

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Never!

Never use steel case ammo in a Bersa Thunder 380.
    Check out the Bersa Chat Forum, and it will tell you a lot.
    Steel case ammo is a no,no. Winchester White Box with the snub nose,
    is a problem for many Thunder owners also.
    Almost anything else it a go.

TRL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Hendricks Co.
    I have both, my wife carries the bersa due to a bit less recoil, but I like them both a bunch, though i would say i do like the way the bersa feels in my hand.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Im happy with the choice. I would feel very well prtected with the Bersa and a mag full of quality hollow points, after I get the proper practice in before I start carrying it every day. I still like the idea pf the PF9 an Im gonna have to shoot one just to see what they are like, if there snappy I dont really think Id like it. The feel of the Bersa is another reason for my choice it feels alot better in the hand than the PF9 did. But I do plan on adding a S&W M&P in 9mm to my collection so the PF9 would be nice to keep calibers consolidated. even though I have the Bersa on layaway im still a little tore, lol. But Im pretty sure Ill be more than pleased with it once I have it out and start practicing with it. Only real complaint I have with it is the cost of the round and having another caliber to buy for.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Im happy with the choice. I would feel very well prtected with the Bersa and a mag full of quality hollow points, after I get the proper practice in before I start carrying it every day. I still like the idea pf the PF9 an Im gonna have to shoot one just to see what they are like, if there snappy I dont really think Id like it. The feel of the Bersa is another reason for my choice it feels alot better in the hand than the PF9 did. But I do plan on adding a S&W M&P in 9mm to my collection so the PF9 would be nice to keep calibers consolidated. even though I have the Bersa on layaway im still a little tore, lol. But Im pretty sure Ill be more than pleased with it once I have it out and start practicing with it. Only real complaint I have with it is the cost of the round and having another caliber to buy for.

That would be my main two problems with it. I do agree that the Bersa feels good and seems to be a good piece based on friends that own them. When I go small its a G26 or Smith 642 for me, I don't care much for anything smaller. :): Good luck!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Got back out to my LGS an picked up the Bersa cant wait to get it out to the range and start practicing with it so I can start carrying it. Also picked up a box of Hornady critical defense for it gonna shoot some of them also to make sure everything functions ok.

Bersa.jpg

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Nice looking Bersa. That would have been my choice as well. I have shoot both the PF9 and the Bersa. Not personally a fan of the PF9.

Why did you not go with a Smith 642 revolver? I remember you really enjoyed pulling the trigger on that little beast. ;) :laugh: Seriously the Bersa will serve you very well.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    but the bersa is sooo heavy :tantrum:

if only the alloys were lighter. cant carry IWB with a button up tucked shirt + all that weight in dress slacks is a joke. the DB 380 woulda been my vote. :) good luck with the bersa though.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have that same Bersa, love it. I use either a Galco IWB or a Tagua belt slide holster and carry that thing everywhere. Shoot some fmj ammo through it first before the hollow points and enjoy a great little carry piece.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    but the bersa is sooo heavy :tantrum:

if only the alloys were lighter. cant carry IWB with a button up tucked shirt + all that weight in dress slacks is a joke. the DB 380 woulda been my vote. :) good luck with the bersa though.

Sounds like you need a better belt and holster. I assume the Bersa is about 20 oz or so. Not what I would call "soooo heavy". Definitely not a pocket gun though.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Have 2 Bersas. One is identical to yours, no issues. The other a Thunder Plus, holds 15 rds of JHPs, again no issue. Sometimes I carry both to equalize the weight on my belt.
    Not heavy at all. Now, carry 2 1911As, steel frames, thats heavy!
    Great handguns Bersas, glad to own them again.

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    Congrats on the purchase. You will enjoy it. My wife shot one for quite a while (CC duo tone). She wasn't opposed to keeping it, but for a few reasons we got her into an LC9. I've got a trigger kit ordered for it to reduce the ridiculous pull on it but otherwise she is very pleased. I just feel a little better about her carrying 9x19 as opposed to it's little brother. 380 SD rounds these days aren't bad, but we can put a lot more rounds down range now that she is into 9 mil...

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Nice looking Bersa. That would have been my choice as well. I have shoot both the PF9 and the Bersa. Not personally a fan of the PF9.

Why did you not go with a Smith 642 revolver? I remember you really enjoyed pulling the trigger on that little beast. ;) :laugh: Seriously the Bersa will serve you very well.

Nate I think we both know thats a little bit of an exaggeration :D.

Yea I love the gun so far, gonna get it back to the range tomarrow for a little more practice.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Yea I dont consider the gun heavy at all. I have a small leather belt holster that fits the pistol snug to my side, cant complain at all with its ability to be carried.

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    The Bersa Thunder .380 is by far one of the best guns on the market.

While the 9mm may have a bit more power, the most important thing is having a pistol that you are comfortable with and can shoot accurately. I often carry the Bersa as a backup (and sometimes as a primary depending upon what I am wearing). My wife prefers the Bersa as her primary carry..... simply because she is dead on balls accurate with it.

Top Bottom