• ...and so much more!
  • purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    "Hello, my INGO sign is PURDUE98 and I have a Pew-Pew Addiction"
    At the early age of 7, with a LEO father, I was introduced to firearms safety at the Shelbyville FOP youth firearm camp.
    BB gun started the addiction. They say the BB gun is the gateway pew-pew.
    Over the years, I was on the wagon, off the wagon...a cycle if you will.

During my university days when I lived on campus, it was not allowed. That helped. After I returned to Indiana in 2010, I noticed pew-pews slowly creeping into my life. At first, I thought just one, ok, maybe two....
    On Wednesday of this past week, after telling myself that I would only "improve" what I already had and would not let the addiction overcome my need to put more emphasis on the savings account, the addiction reared up. Overcome by desire, not need, a new M&P2.0 10MM, 4.61inch no manual now resides in the safe.

It didn't stop there. Springer Precision Increased Power Mag Springs, a new guide rod and a 20lb recoil spring ordered. No my friends, that is not where it stopped. The addiction was raging. A new Timney Competition M&P2.0 trigger was order along with around 400 rounds of various 10MM ammo. I like variety when first running a new platform to see what it likes.

I am an addict.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    "Hello, my INGO sign is PURDUE98 and I have a Pew-Pew Addiction"
    At the early age of 7, with a LEO father, I was introduced to firearms safety at the Shelbyville FOP youth firearm camp.
    BB gun started the addiction. They say the BB gun is the gateway pew-pew.
    Over the years, I was on the wagon, off the wagon...a cycle if you will.

During my university days when I lived on campus, it was not allowed. That helped. After I returned to Indiana in 2010, I noticed pew-pews slowly creeping into my life. At first, I thought just one, ok, maybe two....
    On Wednesday of this past week, after telling myself that I would only "improve" what I already had and would not let the addiction overcome my need to put more emphasis on the savings account, the addiction reared up. Overcome by desire, not need, a new M&P2.0 10MM, 4.61inch no manual now resides in the safe.

It didn't stop there. Springer Precision Increased Power Mag Springs, a new guide rod and a 20lb recoil spring ordered. No my friends, that is not where it stopped. The addiction was raging. A new Timney Competition M&P2.0 trigger was order along with around 400 rounds of various 10MM ammo. I like variety when first running a new platform to see what it likes.

I am an addict.
    Seriously, it is a never ending passion.

Gunmetalgray

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2021
    not lost, wandering...
    Luckily for you there are PP Anonymous support groups that have matches, I mean meetings, regularly just north & south of you, WVRPC & Linden CC. Everyone always feels better after venting 10mm, or any caliber, problems with fellow sufferers.

And don't be so down on yourself. You stopped short of getting the red dot... or did you?? Be honest, no judgement here.... you know you want one.... what are you afraid of..... you can stop after just one dot...

1709425730085.png
    ...said no one ever!

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Hey, man.........I get it. It's strictly a recreational thing for you.
    Just dabbling around the fringe (calibers). Experimenting a little.

But take heed.....don't let the thrill you're getting now drag you over onto the heavy stuff, cause it's nothing but a downhill spiral from there, man.
    Take it from someone who knows, once .45acp sinks its talons into your flesh, there's no coming back.

You'll ruin your life, Dewey.

Midwestjimbo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Highland
    Luckily for you there are PP Anonymous support groups that have matches, I mean meetings, regularly just north & south of you, WVRPC & Linden CC. Everyone always feels better after venting 10mm, or any caliber, problems with fellow sufferers.

And don't be so down on yourself. You stopped short of getting the red dot... or did you?? Be honest, no judgement here.... you know you want one.... what are you afraid of..... you can stop after just one dot...

View attachment 337188
    ...said no one ever!
    Now your talking "group therapy"

Gunmetalgray

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2021
    not lost, wandering...
    Little 10mm social consumption, no worries. Real problem is when you stay out late at night. That's right, partying with the night vision and thermal crowd. Those are bad azz and will drain the bank account $8K+ a pop. That's when you reach rock star status and have your ammo dealer on speed dial.

Last edited:

purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana

View attachment 337188
    ...said no one ever!
    The Holosun 407k is already in the collection. Now it has a home

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Hi. My name is Tom, and I am a gunoholic. I've been an autoloader addict for 30 years. I think I've discovered the Crack of firearms. Already this year, I've purchased two revolvers. The second (S&W 686+) has not even been delivered, yet, and I am contemplating a third. A trip to the range leaves me sweaty, weak, and shaking. The smell of burned powder, the blackened fingers, the sheer joy of putting holes in the paper! Afterward, I can't wait to get home and go completely over my new baby's body with rods, rags, brushes, and swabs. When we're all done for the day, I grab a clean rag, some gun oil, and give her a gentle, yet complete, rubdown. As soon as she is all shiny, lying there on the table, in all her radiant glory, I want to take her back to the range, and do it all over again.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Hi. My name is Tom, and I am a gunoholic. I've been an autoloader addict for 30 years. I think I've discovered the Crack of firearms. Already this year, I've purchased two revolvers. The second (S&W 686+) has not even been delivered, yet, and I am contemplating a third. A trip to the range leaves me sweaty, weak, and shaking. The smell of burned powder, the blackened fingers, the sheer joy of putting holes in the paper! Afterward, I can't wait to get home and go completely over my new baby's body with rods, rags, brushes, and swabs. When we're all done for the day, I grab a clean rag, some gun oil, and give her a gentle, yet complete, rubdown. As soon as she is all shiny, lying there on the table, in all her radiant glory, I want to take her back to the range, and do it all over again.
    Bottom-feeders are great, but there's something about a good wheel-gun.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Now I need a shower.........

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment

That is somewhat erotic.....which I find disturbing.

Not like @printcraft level disturbing, but disturbing nonetheless.

Top Bottom