• ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I grew up out on Izaak Walton Road. There were some Paw Paw trees in the woods behind our house.
    My best school aged friend lived at Southway and Izaak Walton intersection. I live off of Southway Blvd in Terrace Meadows which is west of IWR. Where was your house? Maybe they would let me get some paw paws to do some of my own trees?? I know quite a few people in the area and have fraternal brothers that have connections as our Lodge is across from Taylor School Corp.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My best school aged friend lived at Southway and Izaak Walton intersection. I live off of Southway Blvd in Terrace Meadows which is west of IWR. Where was your house? Maybe they would let me get some paw paws to do some of my own trees?? I know quite a few people in the area and have fraternal brothers that have connections as our Lodge is across from Taylor School Corp.
    I was just looking at the google maps and it looks like they built rich people houses back there. Going north from the League, the woods were on the east side of the road just past the little creek. Looking on the google maps again., Lynn drive would be pretty close to where they were.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I was just looking at the google maps and it looks like they built rich people houses back there. Going north from the League, the woods were on the east side of the road just past the little creek. Looking on the google maps again., Lynn drive would be pretty close to where they were.
    Yeah, that is the old rich section where we used to play on dirt bikes. The construction crews building those homes called county on us when we riding past on the way to/from our trails. I guess I am going to hit up Gurnee seeds to see if they have seedlings / plants for paw paws and persimmons.

Thank you for looking into your old digs Expat!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yeah, that is the old rich section where we used to play on dirt bikes. The construction crews building those homes called county on us when we riding past on the way to/from our trails. I guess I am going to hit up Gurnee seeds to see if they have seedlings / plants for paw paws and persimmons.

Thank you for looking into your old digs Expat!
    I used to have a lot of fun growing up there. The low part of the woods always flooded and froze in the winter, so we would ice skate back there. The farmer (Young) ran cattle occasionally back there, but not very often back then. That was from about 65 to 75....

Dwight

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Sheridan
    Not to get off subject but do you think that persimmons will survive this far north? All Indiana persimmons and pawpaws I have encountered are in southern Indiana / nothern Kentucky...
    I’m in the Sheridan area and we have more PawPaws and Persimmons than we can eat this year. Freezing and canning as we speak.

Top Bottom