• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • R3ydium

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    The attorney at the 1500 is none other than Bryan Ciyou.

If a person has had incidents in the past (especially those that did not result in charges), I would be careful suggesting that he's not responsible enough to carry now. I would not hesitate to tell him, as Randy did, that maybe he should consider this issue himself.

Lastly, while the folks at ISP are not attorneys, they ARE the ones who issue the license or don't, which is why I suggested contacting them.

Blessings,
    Bill

Agreed- I certainly am not passing judgement saying that he cannot carry now. I think stupid things happen and people move on.

And yup, Mr. Ciyou is a great resource. I actually own his book, and I think it should be standard reading.

crudolph00

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    FREETOWN
    I don't want to step in anything here, but I just wanted to add one thought. If you were accused of criminal recklessness with a firearm, you need to make sure you are mature enough to take on the responsibility of carrying a firearm. Maybe the charge was baseless and you were behaving yourself propertly; if so, disregard what I just said. But if there was some basis for the charge, you want to make sure you're ready to carry again, even if the charge was dropped.

I'm not saying you are a hothead, because I don't know you. But there are people who should not carry a gun because they are too tempted to pull it out and intimidate people with it. Just saying.

Maybe you are clean as a whistle, and I sure hope you are. Go get em.

Well said.:yesway:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Another thing to consider it when a criminal history is done (Triple III) it shows ALL arrests. Even if the charges are later dropped the arrest will show. It will also generally show the case disposition although it has been my experience that often times dispositions are not updated. So even though the final charge was a misdemeanor a records check will show the booked in charges,in this guys case two felony's.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I don't want to step in anything here, but I just wanted to add one thought. If you were accused of criminal recklessness with a firearm, you need to make sure you are mature enough to take on the responsibility of carrying a firearm. Maybe the charge was baseless and you were behaving yourself propertly; if so, disregard what I just said. But if there was some basis for the charge, you want to make sure you're ready to carry again, even if the charge was dropped.

I'm not saying you are a hothead, because I don't know you. But there are people who should not carry a gun because they are too tempted to pull it out and intimidate people with it. Just saying.

Maybe you are clean as a whistle, and I sure hope you are. Go get em.

I totally agree with this!!

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    I think stupid things happen

Yes, but generally they don't just "happen" all by themselves. Usually there is someone actually doing them.

I do believe people can grow up and change with time and hard work. So I wouldn't say there should be no reinstatement. But, usually, there should probably be some kind of "I screwed up, and then I grew up" kind of process.

bigworm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    hobart
    no i didnt get a back ground check i just applied and wrote down everything it took me awhile to decide to actually apply thats why this thread is so old

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Just my two cents worth Bigworm: It's just as important to learn to get along with people and learn to deal with unpleasant situations as it is to learn firearms safety and all that goes with carrying. As long as that firearm is an 'option' in personal conflicts, then it will be a problem. Within reason, it's better to look at your firearm as a 'last resort' before dying or something, rather than the 'last word' of a disagreement.

I was on vacation with my wife and newborn daughter, back when I got my first LTCH 20 years ago. Carrying my S&W Model 59 was a stroke to my ego. Somebody was tailgating us, about 5 inches off my rear bumper. I pulled my gun and waved it in the mirror. The tailgater backed off, finally turned down a road. He called the State police. I wouldn't have known that except I heard the police stating my name and vehicle type on a police scanner in a gas station we stopped at. I never got stopped or into trouble from the incident. Just lucky that time. That's the worst situation I've ever been involved in.....the only one really.

Long story short...... carrying brings a whole new level of psychology and introspection with it, or at least 'should' IMHO. I didn't realize when I first started carrying that I had self-esteem issues and was relying on my firearm as a crutch and a misplaced solution for my self-esteem issues. That's all in the past now and most of the time I forget that I even have a firearm. It's a "life preserver" if used right. I congratulate you on getting your permit back.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom