• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    I'm new to the stamp collecting game, but have read quite a bit about it and thought I understood the process pretty well. My understanding was that once the check is cashed it took a few weeks to go into "pending" status, where it would languish for months waiting for an examiner to get to it. However, when I called today to make sure that my paperwork didn't get lost between the money part and the data entry part I was told that "they are just now entering data for September, and won't be entering data from January for several more months."

Did this change? This would represent a 4 month gap between check cashing and "pending". Is this what others are hearing as well?

This means that you have to wait 4-5 months to confirm that your paperwork didn't get lost. :xmad:

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    In a short answer, yes.

there is another thread here that's has to do with that exact issue.

in short:
    atf receives paper forms
    atf opens and cashes check
    Atf puts paperwork in piles by month received
    ATF examiners get to it when they get to it

i had a form one from July that just went pending I December

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I'm new to the stamp collecting game, but have read quite a bit about it and thought I understood the process pretty well. My understanding was that once the check is cashed it took a few weeks to go into "pending" status, where it would languish for months waiting for an examiner to get to it. However, when I called today to make sure that my paperwork didn't get lost between the money part and the data entry part I was told that "they are just now entering data for September, and won't be entering data from January for several more months."

Did this change? This would represent a 4 month gap between check cashing and "pending". Is this what others are hearing as well?

This means that you have to wait 4-5 months to confirm that your paperwork didn't get lost. :xmad:

You betcha!! Put it in the back of your mind as far as the wait. If not it will drive you nuts for 8 -11 months.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Just imagine you could have a baby in the time it will take to get approved. Ridiculous I know but that is the ATF!
    Dan

Top Bottom