• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I was being facetious before, but aside from the aesthetics, the PDP might have the best out-of-the-box trigger of any polymer handgun I’ve shot. It’s better than most of the trigger upgrades that I’ve put in other handguns! The sights are just ok and the whole optic plate thing isn’t quite as slick as it could be (most aren’t), but it’s a great gun for the money.

The trigger is super nice. If I had to rank all of my pistols by how good the factory trigger is, it would be in the top 3. My Canik elite combat is right up there and surprisingly, so is the m&p shield plus (albeit a distant 3rd). Mag costs online for the F were on par with similar pistols like M&Ps, HKs, etc. Factory sights are complete junk.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    PDP that is top right: Did you paint this one or have it cerakoted? Looks like paint from the wear on it but wasn't sure. If you did paint it, I'd love a PM to discuss what you used. I've thought about painting mine, but worried about how it would wear considering how much it gets used. Lol.
    ZR Tactical cerakote. Distressed burnt bronze

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I'm in the LOVE camp.

Of all my polymer, striker handguns, the PDP is the best shooting and most accurate to date. Only my custom Walther PPQ comes close.

These are all groups from 10 to 20 yards, and were shot at the new Range USA in Mishawaka... I'm now known as the PDP guy there.

5 Shots at 20 yards:
    20230810_172614~2.jpg
    5 Shots at 10 yards:
    20230810_172455~2.jpg
    Best 10 shots at 15 yards: 20230428_135054.jpg

12 yard:
    20230715_105723.jpg

I cannot ask any more than this from any handgun.

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Ok… so, I’m an old fart who love’s my HK’s…
    How does Walther stack up against HK for quality and reliability. I‘ve never owned a Walther of any type.
    Durability wise how do they compare?
    Educate me!!!
    Depends on whether you buy the real Walthers or the cheapos with the Walther name on them. PPQ, P99, and PDP line are the real deal and have reputations for reliability which I would rate within one or two spots on the list of HK. I am not sure whether Walther goes to the absolutely autistic testing lengths that HK is known for, but they are excellent firearms.

If I didn't have the USP9c, I would probably carry a 3.5" PDP F.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Someone brought up mag price...

Yes - they're salty. Are they 2x the cost of a Glock mag?

Unless they're stepped on at a class, they'll probably last 2x as long as a Glock mag.

Mags are consumable - but if your consumables last longer, the cost can be spread out over time / amortized.

Still a hard pill to swallow as an initial purchase though. I like to have at least 10x mags for a gun that'll be a carry gun. Guns with expensive metal mags, I've had to bring that down a tad. I think I only have 7 for my Shield Plus.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I seen the full size in a local shop awhile back and I wasn't crazy about it. The slide doesn't have the refined and rounded edges like the P99/PPQ and I really don't like the appearence of the slide serrations themselves either.

The outright elimination of the paddle mag release also sucks and I really wish neither the P99 or PPQ were discontinued in favor of the PDP.

But if you like the PDP by all means buy it as it is a great gun I'm sure being a Walther. I'm just sharing my feelings about the whole discontinued final run thing for the older models.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I seen the full size in a local shop awhile back and I wasn't crazy about it. The slide doesn't have the refined and rounded edges like the P99/PPQ and I really don't like the appearence of the slide serrations themselves either.

The outright elimination of the paddle mag release also sucks and I really wish neither the P99 or PPQ were discontinued in favor of the PDP.

But if you like the PDP by all means buy it as it is a great gun I'm sure being a Walther. I'm just sharing my feelings about the whole discontinued final run thing for the older models.
    Canik is your friend. They have done amazing things with the P99 model.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Great pistol.

Bad experience: wrong gun to teach beginner first centerfire pistol. It was my mistake that I will not repeat, telling rest of INGO.

Same with the PPQ IMO. Beginners need crappy, heavy triggers until they understand trigger discipline and have had some training. Start with a Glock and you won't have the unintentional double taps that you might get from a better trigger ;)

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    What’s been everyone’s experience with the slide to frame fit. I had heard some are exceptionally loose and clacky.

I wouldn’t be expecting 1911 levels but people have mentioned PDPs being on the higher end of “looseness”

Top Bottom