[Patriots] You hear a ringing in your ear?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HK45Mark23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Newburgh
    Dear people I have never, ever received so many letters in one day on an issue as I have regarding all of the phone calls you Patriots have made to the Governor's office about HB 1065.

I did answer a few, but there are just too many to reply back to. That is a wonderful problem. We love it!! Just based on the letters we've gotten and the description of how each of your calls went I know that we have been heard. I hope the calls keep going until the bill becomes law.

There are just over 6 million folks in Indiana and I'd bet a dollar to a dog biscuit that most of them are not Chamber of Commerce people, what's your guess?

One of our Patriots brought up a good point about also e-mailing the Governor on this issue. Generally I would have suggested that also, but in this case I felt the effect of having the relentless ringing from the barrage of phone calls had more impact. Computers can be turned off or ignored, but they can't shut off the phones and all those in the Governor's office had to have taken notice of the steady drone of "Ma Bell" calls.

Those of you who posted my e-mails on the different forums and blog sites, well I got to tell you that had a tremendous effect, too. Thanks a bunch!

I want to thank all of you for your service in this cause. We also are very grateful to the good senators and representatives who got HB 1065 over all the obstacles and they did it for the right reasons.

Along with that I must also thank Ashley Varner, the NRA lobbyist who spent enough time at the state house to become an Indiana resident. Also, there was a lot of hard work put in on this venture from our good friends Bill Dowden, Charlie Hiltunen and all the good folks with the Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association.

Margie and I are so blessed to live in a state where there are so many individuals who will not hesitate to take a stand. Thank you all.

As soon as we learn of any decisions made on the outcome of this bill I will let you all know.

Jim and Margie
    2nd Amendment Patriots
    STAY UNITED
    www.2ndamendmentpatriots.org

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    John Crone of the NRA was at our DCC meeting last night and said, if you haven't, please call!

He also said that for the first time ever the NRA spent $10,000 in Indiana - to get the word out to members to call the Governor.

Top Bottom