• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HK45Mark23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Newburgh
    I just received notice that HB 1065 has passed the Indiana State Senate on a 41 to 9 vote. This bill had all of the ornery amendments removed and developed into a much better bill than when it originated in the House last month.

This bill also contains the language concerning emergency powers that will protect Indiana residents from what took place in the New Orleans confiscation after Katrina.

What we all need to do now is to call our particular state representatives to accept this bill in its current form. There might be a last minute push from the Chamber of Commerce to make one last stab at trying to bully reps into stopping this bill. It is headed for the House for concurrence Please call your Indiana state rep. Indiana House 1-800-382-9842 or go to http://www.in.gov/cgi-bin/legislative/listing/listing-2.pl?data=district&chamber=House to support HB 1065.

It's our responsibility to pony up and make that call!! Thanks,

Jim and Margie
    2nd Amendment Patriots
    STAY UNITED
    www.2ndamendmentpatriots.org

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    What we all need to do now is to call our particular state representatives to accept this bill in its current form.

Call being made tomorrow and sent this just a few minutes ago:

Dear Rep. Behning,

I see the HB1065 was passed in the Indiana Senate with a 41-9 vote and is now returning to the House with some changes. I'm writing to you, to ask for your support in accepting this bill in its current form as it returns from the Senate and vote YEA for its passage.

Thank you for supporting our 2nd Amendment rights, and as always thank you for your service.

Now we wait................

Patiently.

Last edited:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I would email my rep, but he is one of the sponsors of the bill so I'm not sure it would really do anything! :rockwoot:

My rep is a co-sponsor as well. Got a nice response:

My message:
    I'd like to thank you for your support on 2nd Amendment issues including your support for gun permit privacy (HB 1065). Please keep up the fight and see this bill through.

His response:
    Good to hear from you. I am humbled but not surprised by the overwhelming response I've received to my bill. It's always difficult to balance constitutional rights, but 2nd amendment rights are a key element to our democracy. I'm proud to help in my role as a state legislator to protect those rights. Thank you for your vote of confidence.

Sincerely,
    Mike Murphy

Bottom line... Even as a bill sponsor, it is good to let them know that they aren't alone in wanting this bill passed. You can figure that they will hear from people who are against, so don't assume that your word isn't worth the effort. I've bookmarked my 5 legislators (IN Senate & House, US Senate (x2) and House) web pages and it is easy to send quick notes to them.

Link to look up your State/Federal legislators here.

Top Bottom