• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeffro3611

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2015
    Lewisport
    I have a Para USA LDA officers 3.5" in .45acp.
    I traded for the pistol a while back, guy had only put like 20 rounds through it. I shot it on two different occasions with no problems at all. Tolerances were tight but that is good in a new pistol. But after I cleaned it the second time I went out to shoot it, when I squeeze the trigger the hammer doesn't come back. It's like it's bound up somewhere inside it I guess. Only thing I did different cleaning that time from the first time is when I was cleaning around the trigger I hit it and it made the hammer fall while the slide was off. I had heard that was bad for the LDA but figured it should be okay. Well now it's back together and squeezing the trigger won't do anything. The hammer starts to move maybe a quarter of an inch but then stops and the trigger won't go back any further either.

Anybody ever have this problem before? Just looking for suggestions before I go to a whole different town to a gun smith.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had one with the same issue. It would clear up if I racked the slide again. I traded it off with full knowledge of this to the receiving party. and not missed it at all.

This seems to be a problem with them.

Get it to a qualified smith.

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    If i remember correctly, there is a small thin metal bar on the right side of the frame that likes to jump off. If you pull your slide off you will see it. It connects the trigger to the hammer, mine fell off occasionally during cleanings.

Jeffro3611

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2015
    Lewisport
    Glad to see I'm not the only one with the issue, I guess I'll pull the slide back off and see if maybe that metal bar jumped off. I appreciate it, I'm hoping it fix's it.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Had one and experienced same issue with the small piece referenced up thread. That was the least of the problems with mine. Bought new & by the time I had 700 rounds through it, it had been back to Para 4 times...it was a jam-o-matic. Not sure I ever got through one mag without a jam, FTF, FTE, stove pipe, etc. Para ended up taking it back and making a generous reimbursement settlement.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Had one and experienced same issue with the small piece referenced up thread. That was the least of the problems with mine. Bought new & by the time I had 700 rounds through it, it had been back to Para 4 times...it was a jam-o-matic. Not sure I ever got through one mag without a jam, FTF, FTE, stove pipe, etc. Para ended up taking it back and making a generous reimbursement settlement.

Really a shame they didn't get the whole pistol right. The ones I tried, the trigger was very nice. Being of Canadian mfr, I've heard horror stories about svc.

Top Bottom