• ...and so much more!
  • TheCapt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    Portage, IN
    Hello All,

I recently became the owner of my first 1911, and I had a quick question.

What I have is a Para Ordnance P-14. I purchased this used, and you can tell it was well used. The finish is worn on the slide, and there are some digs here and there on the grips and mainspring housing. It fires great, but I want to get it in a little better shape. I want to eventually look into having a dovetail cut in the slide to put a fiber optic front sight on, so refinishing is not at the top of my list. What I want to do first is replace the dinged up mainspring housing. My question is, do I have to buy one that specifically states it works with the Para since it is a double stack, or will any full size mainspring housing work?

Thanks for the help. I've been eyeing these Smith & Alexander housings, but wasn't sure if those were my only option.

I apologize if this is a dumb question, I have a lot to learn about the 1911.

Thanks,

Jon

agentcolt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    City with a Heart
    Any standard 1911 maispring housing will work. Magazine, trigger, grip panels & mag release are the only parts specific to wide body Para's.

S & A mainspring housings WOULD be specific to Double Stack Para's, IF they have a Mag funnel integral to the housing

Top Bottom