• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Is panhandling with the little kids a new thing? Right now in Plainfield in front of PetSmart there’s an Indian family panhandling. This is the first time I’ve seen it.

I feel sorry for the kid. It’s damn hot out here today, I’ve been out working in it all morning.

I moved out of Fishers in February and haven’t really done much in the big city since so maybe I’ve just been missing this new way of begging.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Is panhandling with the little kids a new thing? Right now in Plainfield in front of PetSmart there’s an Indian family panhandling. This is the first time I’ve seen it.

I feel sorry for the kid. It’s damn hot out here today, I’ve been out working in it all morning.

I moved out of Fishers in February and haven’t really done much in the big city since so maybe I’ve just been missing this new way of begging.
    Not as hot as in India.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Panhandling as a family group seems pretty common abroad. I don't know if it's for the extra heart-string tugging, the lack of worry about Child Services since it's not a thing, or just what else do you do with the kids if you're legitimately homeless. The Roma/Gypsies in Europe do it quite a bit from what I've seen.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Panhandling as a family group seems pretty common abroad. I don't know if it's for the extra heart-string tugging, the lack of worry about Child Services since it's not a thing, or just what else do you do with the kids if you're legitimately homeless. The Roma/Gypsies in Europe do it quite a bit from what I've seen.
    Got to teach the kids the family trade.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This past Sunday, there was (ostensibly) a mom and kids out at the end of the driveway to our church hitting people up as we were leaving and at the church 3 doors down, I assume, the (ostensible) dad and more kids doing the same thing. We have a process to help people truly in need, but the threshold is literally crossing the threshold of the church and asking for help. I do not give handouts to people on the street.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I was in Romania for a while. Panhandling as a family was very common. The kids would distract you because who can say no to a kid? Then one of the other kids would pick your pocket as they were all hanging in you. Learned very quickly to not even acknowledge them. Just keep walking.

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    I saw I guy panhandling in Muncie the other day, he looked to be a fit guy in his mid 30’s. From where he was standing I could see at least 4 places with help wanted or now hiring signs out front. I would help anyone out that truly needs help but I will never give to someone standing with a sign.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Or, bring your kids to "don't work" day...as the case may be.

LOL. For many of them it is their job a due to the ignorance and generosity of Americans. I believe John Stossel went undercover as a NYC panhandler and was given massive amounts of money. A Dallas TX reporter went undercover for 6 months was generating a $60,000 per year income, tax free, plus you know they are collecting all the free government programs.

An Indy reporter surveilled the panhandlers at 86th and Keystone exit. Found there is a hierarchy and territorial time slots. Every one of them left and went to a car parked nearby. When confronted with their lies became abusive to the reporters.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

If you would only pony up for $3,000,000,000,000 of "human infrastructure", the Indians would not have to suffer so.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Probably not even their kids. Overseas trafficking in kids for panhandling purposes is pretty common and on the mild end of what kids get trafficked for.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Panhandling is ILLEGAL. This obviously is yet one MORE crime local law enforcement ignores...

Do you know the elements of the crime of panhandling?

Does someone standing on the street corner with a sign meet those elements?

(Spoiler: The answer to both is "no". Thank the ACLU who claimed it was a 1st amendment issue and the courts who agreed.)

Top Bottom