• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bowtie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    South Bend
    I cant believe this has happened and well it did. I ordered alot of 6.5 grendel ammo from them on 4/19 and was assured that it would ship at 5 days max just like it says on the website.

Last night I get a phone call from a stranger says hes in California and (get this) he has my ammo. Hes asking me if I have his package and I tell him I havent received anything in fact my order still says processing. So they took my invoice and stuck it in his shipping box and off to his house it went.

This guy orders a simple 70 dollar lower parts kit and instead gets my 500 dollars worth of 6.5 grendel ammo. I must say im pretty shocked that he was honest to call me and tell me. Seems like any other person wouldve been quick to sell the ammo for profit.

Now on to see the company whos notorious for bad customer service on how they will fix this.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I cant believe this has happened and well it did. I ordered alot of 6.5 grendel ammo from them on 4/19 and was assured that it would ship at 5 days max just like it says on the website.

Last night I get a phone call from a stranger says hes in California and (get this) he has my ammo. Hes asking me if I have his package and I tell him I havent received anything in fact my order still says processing. So they took my invoice and stuck it in his shipping box and off to his house it went.

This guy orders a simple 70 dollar lower parts kit and instead gets my 500 dollars worth of 6.5 grendel ammo. I must say im pretty shocked that he was honest to call me and tell me. Seems like any other person wouldve been quick to sell the ammo for profit.

Now on to see the company whos notorious for bad customer service on how they will fix this.

Not everybody is dishonest, maybe if that happened to you, you would have been quick to sell the ammo.
    I would say most people would have done what he did, besides that it's not like it is a popular caliber.

But anyway that is a major screw up on PSA's part, hopefully they will get it resolved quickly for you.
    Best of luck on it.

bowtie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    South Bend
    Not everybody is dishonest, maybe if that happened to you, you would have been quick to sell the ammo.
    I would say most people would have done what he did, besides that it's not like it is a popular caliber.

But anyway that is a major screw up on PSA's part, hopefully they will get it resolved quickly for you.
    Best of luck on it.

2 things you are wrong about. 1: if everyone was so honest ammo wouldnt be the way it is right now.

2: 6.5 grendel is very popular best cartridge in an AR today ;)

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    2 things you are wrong about. 1: if everyone was so honest ammo wouldnt be the way it is right now.

2: 6.5 grendel is very popular best cartridge in an AR today ;)

I didn't realize that the 6.5 was so popular, I don't recall seeing any AR's chambered in that in the classifieds. 5.56 is by far the most popular, followed by 5.45x39 and 300 black out.

You do have a point about the current ammo situation.

fastang50

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    I suspect 95% of folks would have called you to straighten it out. It's the other 5% that cause all the trouble. Good luck with PSA, do seem to have seen a number of trouble threads about them lately. Too bad.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo

I'd suggest sending the guy a 12 pack of local beer for his honesty..! :cheers: Hope you get it sorted! :ingo:

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    Why wouldn't you wait to call PSA to see how they handle the situation before posting a thread bad mouthing them... They have good customer service and will help you out...

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Wow, PSA needs to get that ammo to you and refund the shipping costs plus offer you some type of credit to make it right. I've ordered from PSA, never had any issues.

As for 6.5 Grendel being popular, it's popularity is on the rise, still technically a wildcat round and no where near as popular as .223 or 7.62x39 but I see it rapidly surpassing 6.8 SPC and 50 beowolf's popularity, if it's not done so already. The early limiting factors on 6.5 grendel's popularity were the fact that Alexander Arms would not release the patent rights to SAMMI to spec out, they have since done so and more and more AR producers are making them. That said, ammo sources are tight so 500 bucks of 6.5 grendel going to the wrong place in this day and age is a very bad thing.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    This can happen to any company! Heck, I ordered 30-06 ammo from CMP last year. My son and I had decided to make our first purchase from the CMP. We wanted to get all the paperwork out of the way so we could make a trip up to Port Clinton and purchase Garand's later. So we each ordered 1 box of 200 rounds.

Well lo and behold, Three (3) ammo boxes arrived on my front porch! My son did receive his 1 box. My packages had a copy of the invoice (paid) which had an address of a gentleman in Florida (he probably got my one box!).

I called CMP and explained the situation - giving them the name of the guy in Florida. (Yeah I could have just kept it but I am not dishonest). I ended up purchasing the additional 2 boxes - they did knock off the shipping charge. So as I said anyone can make that error. - I don't think anyone here has much, if anything bad to say about the CMP, do they?

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    I ordered a few accessories and things back at the end of last summer. It took forever for the stuff to actually arrive and, when it did, there was stuff in the box I didn't order and was missing several things I did.

When I emailed customer service (because no one ever picked up the phone), I got a reply back saying that the things that were missing were out of stock. Rather than telling me that before shipping, they just threw in some other crap. The total discrepancy amounted to about $15-20, so I just decided it wasn't worth the raised blood pressure and time to fight them.

Terribly disorganized, communication sucks, and the prices aren't that great. Plenty of other choices on the intarwebz.

Mwiseman6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    Before the ammo grab Palmetto was my go to place to stock up on bulk ammo. They were a great source for 9mm Blazer Brass at $9.99/box and free shipping. They also had great deals on .50 cal ammo cans. I've never had any issues with them. I am curious to see how they handle this situation, though. Hey, they at least have to be better than "Personal Choice Outfitters" !!

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    As somebody else posted, it can happen to anyone.

My first order ever from Natchez went to some guy in Missouri. He called Natchez and told them of the mistake. They then contacted me. They took care of everything and refunded what I had paid for shipping.

bowtie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    South Bend
    Wow, PSA needs to get that ammo to you and refund the shipping costs plus offer you some type of credit to make it right. I've ordered from PSA, never had any issues.

As for 6.5 Grendel being popular, it's popularity is on the rise, still technically a wildcat round and no where near as popular as .223 or 7.62x39 but I see it rapidly surpassing 6.8 SPC and 50 beowolf's popularity, if it's not done so already. The early limiting factors on 6.5 grendel's popularity were the fact that Alexander Arms would not release the patent rights to SAMMI to spec out, they have since done so and more and more AR producers are making them. That said, ammo sources are tight so 500 bucks of 6.5 grendel going to the wrong place in this day and age is a very bad thing.

I agree 100 percent hit the nail on the head with this one

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    I had some problems with PSA, but they did correct it. It might just take a few emails/ calls. Kinda strange some things on the website have been out of stock for almost a year. :dunno: :n00b:

echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    I've purchased through PSA before and had no issues. All the retailers have been slammed recently. I'd give them the opportunity to make it right before criticizing them in a public forum.

ModernS30

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Camby, Indiana
    I've seen many threads bashing PSA currently. They are one of the few companies online who didn't completely inflate their prices beyond stupid right away.

I only have 90 rounds through the upper I ordered from them, but I can tell you it is high quality, they shipped it faster than they said they would, and it is a very nice piece.

I also have a friend in Washington state who has ordered probably somewhere close to 10,000 rounds of various ammunition from them since the craze has hit, and hasn't once had a hiccup.

Keep in mind that people make mistakes, its a human thing. How they fix the mistake is where they should be judged. Give them a chance.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I suspect 95% of folks would have called you to straighten it out. It's the other 5% that cause all the trouble. Good luck with PSA, do seem to have seen a number of trouble threads about them lately. Too bad.

I think they are a victim of their own success.... They are trying to grow too quickly and seem happy to **** on customer service to do so.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I ordered ammo from PSA about a month ago. Got in on some 9 mm for a reasonable(in today's age) cost. Stuff was here within a few days. It was great. I would do business with them again.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    That whole thing is really messed up.

Sorry, I had to laugh because I got a wrong order one time from another company and got a hold of the other guy that got my parts. We just exchanged shipped to each other and charged the company.

So - Can you tell me exactly which "Lower Parts Kit" did that guy order?
    I could use some cheap ammo also. :D

Top Bottom