• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Trying to consolidate calibers and just not enough time to take everything out and shoot when I go...

Pair of Mosins, both 1937, one Tula, one Izzy. Tula is numbers matching and stock stripped and refinished with Linseed Oil. Izzy was force matched, and started to be sporterized, stock cut and painted, recoil pad added, epoxy bedded with pillars, barrel cut and crowned, rear sight heated and removed. Planned to add a Rock Solid Industries scope mount and bent bolt, never got around to it. Believe I still have the rear sight if wanted...

$200 obo for the Izzy, due to sporterization. Consider trade for basic Remington 870 or Mossberg 500, good mechanical condition, stock less important.

Also have 5 boxes brass case ammo (3 Prvi Partisan, 2 something else but Soft Point) will sell for $10 each with rifle.

1937 Tula Sold $225

Tula: Very nice metal and finish, being 1937 have the better pre-war machining...

Izzy: Started to steel wool and sand some of the metal to re-finish also. Recoil pad was a shape-to-fit, I formed a Kydex spacer to sand flat so I didn't have to sand the curve out of the buttstock, probably adds 1" to the LOP. Barrel has had approx. 3" cut off, probably 1-2" behind the front sight. Have 3/8 dovetail scope mount for red dot or scout scope, attaches to rear sight base dovetail. Will install soon and post updated photos.

26435471954_2a16dc266b_b.jpg

26972554431_3418407c79_b.jpg

26972547121_ff874bcb7b_b.jpg

Last edited:

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Bump. The Izzy is well on it's way to a sporter project. Bent bolt and scope mount and you're good to go, or scout scope on a dovetail mount off the rear sight base.

Top Bottom