• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    A few years ago I was standing with some friends outside a coffee shop one evening. A truck slowed as it approached the corner and the front passenger pointed what turned out to be a paintball gun out the window and fired off three rounds. I had started to turn towards the vehicle when it was slowing and caught one of the rounds right above my right eye. I still have a small scar. If it had hit an inch and a half lower I would have probably lost the eye and who knows, maybe it would have fully penetrated and it could have been lethal. Seems silly to say that but a full power paintball gun at 15-20' is no joke.

So from experience, I consider anyone pointing a paintball gun at me to be a threat and will respond in kind.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    i work at a prison we use paint balls full of OC they work great.they are very accurate and not lethal but they stop people very well

excuse my ignorance, what is OC?

I used to play paintball in college. Got tagged in the small of the back once, and the only thing it did was **** me off. I like the idea of pepper spray for less than lethal response.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    excuse my ignorance, what is OC?

I used to play paintball in college. Got tagged in the small of the back once, and the only thing it did was **** me off. I like the idea of pepper spray for less than lethal response.

OC... "Tear gas". In this case, its in a powder form inside the ball.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I consider the 'less than lethal' part of the response in crowd control to apply to me...not the crowd out of control. If I'm facing down an unruly mob, since it's not my job, it would be in defense of home and family. Perp-er spray would not apply.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    :laugh:

My recommendation would be .45-70, followed by .12 ga 00 buck, then your rapid fire weapon of choice, then a two handed sword or two single handers...maybe a large vehicle preferably armored...

I'm serious. It's in "To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth". He advocates using a suppressed .22 with some kind of optic. He figures a lung shot with a .22lr will likely not kill someone if they get to a hospital in reasonable time, but will take away their willingness to riot.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The first round in my home defense shotgun is a rubber 00 buck round. I figure if they get up after that, then I'll remodel the drywall

Are you in touch with the guy who will break into your home to make sure his first round is also a rubber round?:dunno:

If not someone could be shooting some real bullets at you while you're shooting rubber ones at them.
    To me pointing a loaded shotgun at someone is already your non-lethal option.

Not to mention that having both lethal and non-lethal in the same gun is never a smart idea.
    What if you decide to shoot at someone in your yard to "scare them off" thinking you have a rubber slug in the chamber but send a 00 buck instead? :dunno:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I'm serious. It's in "To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth". He advocates using a suppressed .22 with some kind of optic. He figures a lung shot with a .22lr will likely not kill someone if they get to a hospital in reasonable time, but will take away their willingness to riot.

If there are a few rioters or more likely looters with only enough conviction to want to get some free stuff that might work. If it's a wall of folks wanting to burn down your neighborhood maybe not so much. That's when you need some real object lessons that get everyone thinking they could be next.

And I'm thinking maybe a suppressed .22 is not a real attention getter.

Top Bottom