• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    Does anybody use a paintball gun anymore ? Have any of you guys heard of PEPPERBALL CO. Less-lethal defense gun ? would anybody be interested in a less lethal weapon ?

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Used to play recreationally as a kid and up through college. In college a bunch of us played regularly at night in a local rail yard - lots of fun times climbing over/under/through empty boxcars with a modded Tippman A5.

Sold all my gear a long time ago. After a quick glance at the Pepperball website, my answer would be no, not interested. It might be better suited than a handgun against an angry dog or a rabid fox during a walk through the neighborhood, but in nearly every scenario I can think of I'd rather have my carry gun than one of these plastic toys. And for the ~$500 cost (ouch!) to get a Pepperball pistol, extra balls and gas, I could buy a heck of a lot of bear spray. Or another actual handgun and ammo.

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    Used to play recreationally as a kid and up through college. In college a bunch of us played regularly at night in a local rail yard - lots of fun times climbing over/under/through empty boxcars with a modded Tippman A5.

Sold all my gear a long time ago. After a quick glance at the Pepperball website, my answer would be no, not interested. It might be better suited than a handgun against an angry dog or a rabid fox during a walk through the neighborhood, but in nearly every scenario I can think of I'd rather have my carry gun than one of these plastic toys. And for the ~$500 cost (ouch!) to get a Pepperball pistol, extra balls and gas, I could buy a heck of a lot of bear spray. Or another actual handgun and ammo.
    Just curious, thanks

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon

I had the A-5 with egrip, the Tippmann curved barrel for woods play, electro hopper... that thing would spit paint like a hook... well you get the point..

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I used to play paintball (still have an old gun) and am a certified Pepperball Launcher Operator (it’s true, it’s a thing.)

The Pepperball Launchers are suped-up Tippman paintball guns with they’re special less-lethal projectiles. They are cool and super handy for the right application, but a little too salty for the average joe. For that kind of pricing, you can buy real hardware, and for that kind of application, it’s not too cost effective. For our use, I can’t see using it for more than keeping a surly-looking crowd at bay in your front yard when Antifa/BLM come marching down your street for a shakedown.

And for that, knockoff Pepperballs and frozen paintballs will work just fine. Just crank your chrono up to 11.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    I miss playing in the woods. I still think I should get a few PB pistols so me and my brother can do force-on-force training in his backyard, maybe even get his kids involved.

But if my A5 can shoot pepper or tear-gas balls on full-auto without chopping, that might be interesting. I've thought about having folks shoot solid rubber balls or paintballs at me to work on maneuvering around barriers and such.

Top Bottom