• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I don't suppose I can meet with a P7PSP, P7M8 or P7M13 owner at a range here in the Indy area? I'm really interested in the PSP, but want to fire one before committing to buying one.

It seems the Squeeze Cocking grip is a Love it or Hate it thing. I'd hate to buy one and Hate it.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    Recently sold one to buy another. Won't get it for another month but you are more than welcome to throw some lead down range once I get it (if you can wait that long.)

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Recently sold one to buy another. Won't get it for another month but you are more than welcome to throw some lead down range once I get it (if you can wait that long.)

No problem at all. I should have my USP Tac. in a week
    I'll have plenty of rounds going down range with that to keep me busy.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Is the P7 a HK model. Sorry not familiar

Yes the P7 is an Heckler & Koch Pistol. A lot of the H&K Koolaid Drinkers claim the P7 series can be drawn and fired faster than any other pistol. When it was "New" and "State of the Art" this may have been true. However I don't believe the P7 series has any speed advantage on any of the "Safe Action" style pistols available today. (Ie Glock, XD, M&P, etc.) That said, it's a neat looking gun, I believe with the squeeze cocking system it's even safer to carry than many of the modern striker pistols.

The Rub is, Can I get a repeatable grip every time, or not? Seems from reading on the HKPro forums that people either LOVE or HATE their P7, I've not seen anyone who falls into the "It's alright" category.

There are 4 common models, all of which have the Squeeze cocking system. Squeezing the grip, moves the striker into firing position. Releasing the grip, releases the striker to the rest position.

P7 (aka PSP) is a 9mm holds 8, has the mag release at the heal of the handle behind the mag. No Heat Shield.

P7M8 is also 9mm, has the typical HK Mag release at the back of the trigger guard where it meets the grip. Does have a heat shield at along the bottom edge of the frame in the trigger guard.

P7M10 is a .40 S&W version of the M8, with a larger slide.

P7M13 is a 9MM like the M8, the grip is wider, and holds 13 rounds in a double stack magazine.

PSP Photo
    psp.jpg

P7M8 Photo
    300px-P7M8_cortland.jpg

and a P7M10 Photo
    p7m10nickelrt.jpg

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    If getting a repeatable grip is your concern, I doubt you have to worry.

If you can get a repeatable grip when drawing your current pistol, you should with the P7. And once it's cocked, you aren't moving it again for repeat shots.

Even if you cock it, uncock, and re-cock repeatedly, you still shouldn't have any trouble with your hand shifting around. To me, it feels like any time I squeeze it, it locks my hand position in even better, and in the same position.

The very mild finger grooves (more like finger "waves") help some, and the trigger guard might also: The guard has an undercut "notch" where it meets the frontstrap, and the top finger is sorta/kinda guided up into a consistent position by that notch.

Yeah, I'm a P7 fan. I thought I had settled on the 1911 and HiPower for the rest of my life after trying almost everything else. Then I got a P7 a few years ago after wanting one for 20 years. It's perfect for when I need something a little smaller than a full-size gun and don't need to settle for a J-frame. I also carry one a lot when I can carry anything I want, just because I shoot them better than anything else.

I was trying to figure out a way to let you shoot my PSP and P7M8. I see you are in Fishers, so I was trying to coordinate it to catch you when I'm at a match in the area or something, since I'm not around there much at all. It sounds like you have a good offer from JCSqueezer anyway, but if that falls through, I'll try to figure something out.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    HA! Yes I'm trying to pimp this pistol out. Was going to offer to bring it down when visiting my sister to let him shoot it!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have PSPs and M8s. Had an M13 with 6 mags years ago but let it get away. Never replaced it b/c they are so expensive now.

Last edited:

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    P7 is a great gun. Easy to shoot and fun. I had a P7m8 and P7m13 in nickle finish with almost matching numbers. Bought both back in the 90's. Had both for 10 years until a HK nut bought them from me for stupid money. Still wish I had them but I would have kicked myself harder if I would have turned down the money.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    As they all do. Eventually. :D

:popcorn:

Oh, not all.:)

I forgot about this thread until I got an email about new activity. I still had to think about it a while to remember it.
    Anyway- W9ZEB: The offer to try one still stands if you still need/want. I can bring one or two to the next match I attend at Atlanta. I'm guessing that's the closest match site to you.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I know this is an old thread, but I would love for someone with a P7M8 to let me try firing it, prefer at the Wilbur wright shooting range by New Castle. I am getting a new job soon, so I plan to save up to buy one. But would really like to try shooting one, to make sure I like it before I commit to such an expensive gun...

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    I'll have mine in Indy on the 2nd of May while I bring it to sell to someone. There's a chance he won't buy it and there's a chance he may let you fire it if he does...

stmoore

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Indy
    Lars,

I still have two P7M13s if you would like to shoot one. I traded my M8 and sold my P7.

They are very enjoyable to shoot and carry.

Cheers,
    Steve

Top Bottom