Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    here's a link to start the process

https://www.sigsauer.com/support/p320-voluntary-upgrade-program-2/

id fill it out but I need the sku, I have my serial numbers here, but the sku's are on the box

and they're saying 4-6 weeks
    Good luck. It looks like the website is already overloaded. I put in my serial number, SKU and product code as required and the page stalled with "processing". Without further information, how could they notify me, unless they go to my warranty card which I previously submitted? I'd be surprised if this process didn't take several months. The "upgrade is supposed to include a narrower curved trigger. BTW, hear is their description of what they will do: "SIG SAUER is offering a voluntary program for P320 pistols. This will include an alternate design that reduces the physical weight of the trigger, sear, and striker while additionally adding a mechanical disconnector."

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Good luck. It looks like the website is already overloaded. I put in my serial number, SKU and product code as required and the page stalled with "processing". Without further information, how could they notify me, unless they go to my warranty card which I previously submitted? I'd be surprised if this process didn't take several months. The "upgrade is supposed to include a narrower curved trigger. BTW, hear is their description of what they will do: "SIG SAUER is offering a voluntary program for P320 pistols. This will include an alternate design that reduces the physical weight of the trigger, sear, and striker while additionally adding a mechanical disconnector."
    It will be interesting if they rely on those warranty cards as I generally don't submit those.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    [h=3]What is the P320 Voluntary Upgrade Program?[/h][h=3]SIG SAUER is offering a voluntary program for P320 pistols. This will include an alternate design that reduces the physical weight of the trigger, sear, and striker while additionally adding a mechanical disconnector.

What about my CAL-X Kits?[/h]You should send any and all P320 slides with your shipment, as the striker(s) will be replaced, and the slide(s) will need the disconnector cut.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I talked to a Sig customer service rep. after waiting 20 minutes on hold. The person I talked to (about 2 p.m.) said that the company had not made an official announcement about the "voluntary upgrade" and that the website posted earlier wasn't supposed to go online until after the official announcement. I felt like he was trying to blow sunshine up my skirt!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I felt like he was trying to blow sunshine up my skirt!

That's Sig customer service. They'll fix it, but you'll get a big dose of marketing and upsell with it.

If it was my gun, I'd wait a bit. You know there's going to be a rush, and that's going to mean workers being pressed to work faster, and that's not great for QC.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Everytime I see a staircase I think of the Title II variant of the SIG320:

20841180_1638863876144233_3514858857718532933_n.jpg

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    The new one isn't exactly alive. It allows me to put in the serial number and nothing else. I suppose it is overloaded.

it wouldnt work in firefox but i was able to enter it in explorer/edge

now for the funny thing, both of my 320's are from the nra one i won on the wall of guns at a friends banquet in 2015, the other was won by my gun club, and they gave away at a raffle that i won, the club won it in 2016, and they gave it away in 2017, i cant enter the info for the first one i won, it say's its a police,military gun or international program and that info will be released later

i know that the nra gets glock blue label guns, but i guess they sell the nra iop or program guns, guess ill try to call them tomorrow

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    it wouldnt work in firefox but i was able to enter it in explorer/edge

now for the funny thing, both of my 320's are from the nra one i won on the wall of guns at a friends banquet in 2015, the other was won by my gun club, and they gave away at a raffle that i won, the club won it in 2016, and they gave it away in 2017, i cant enter the info for the first one i won, it say's its a police,military gun or international program and that info will be released later

i know that the nra gets glock blue label guns, but i guess they sell the nra iop or program guns, guess ill try to call them tomorrow
    I have a MAC and couldn't get the website to respond after the serial number. I use Safari. I tried this several times, but I honestly didn't think of trying another browser. I called Sig early this morning and spoke with a customer service rep. He said that there were reported problems with some browsers. He took my information and entered it. He was helpful, polite and efficient. I'll just wait my turn now.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have a MAC and couldn't get the website to respond after the serial number. I use Safari. I tried this several times, but I honestly didn't think of trying another browser. I called Sig early this morning and spoke with a customer service rep. He said that there were reported problems with some browsers. He took my information and entered it. He was helpful, polite and efficient. I'll just wait my turn now.
    Funny. When I am buying stuff from their store and putting money in their pockets, Safari always works great...

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    well I just called about my "law enforcement, government or international program" p320 and he said that sometimes they slip into the consumer market, but he took my info, and its entered and in the queue

I asked him about the "several weeks" to prepare, he said that they need to get the current in production guns out the door, and that they're waiting on the parts to be manufactured

so both mine are waiting to go back, in the meantime, i'll still carry either one of mine, I just wont drop them from shoulder height at a 30 degree angle on the back of the slide!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009

Funny. When I am buying stuff from their store and putting money in their pockets, Safari always works great...

Maybe my version needs updating.

im running internet explorer at work, and I cant get the safety update page to work....but I was able to get the sig store to work!....I took advantage of their 25% off holster/mag pouch sale, I have the blackpoint holster and mag pouch coming for my 226 legion

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    im running internet explorer at work, and I cant get the safety update page to work....but I was able to get the sig store to work!....I took advantage of their 25% off holster/mag pouch sale, I have the blackpoint holster and mag pouch coming for my 226 legion
    I was going to buy one of the P320 t-shirts, but I thought it might come off when I didn't want it to. The sight of my bare chest might scar a child for life!

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    That's Sig customer service. They'll fix it, but you'll get a big dose of marketing and upsell with it.

If it was my gun, I'd wait a bit. You know there's going to be a rush, and that's going to mean workers being pressed to work faster, and that's not great for QC.
    Wisdom! Fixing right beats fixing fast.

Top Bottom