• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I was alone at the Plainfield exit I-70 Steak-n-Shake at around 11:00 tonight eating a $4 meal at the counter. Three guys walked in and ordered some carry out. The guys were all younger and we did not seem to have much in common. As I was eating my meal, I overheard them talking about carrying. One said something to the effect that he had his and it was legal in Indiana because he had both a Utah and Florida license. Another said he was from Ohio and started talking about the carry laws there. Another said he travels a lot and checks out the gun laws wherever he goes.

I was trying to mind my own business but could stand it no longer so I looked at them with a smile and said "You guys seem to know your 2A stuff, and I like that". Immediately I got a positive reaction. I said that everything I heard them say was correct except that Indiana is not a "must inform" state like Ohio. As they were paying for their meal, I simply said "Welcome to Indiana. We are a 2A friendly state" . That was about the end of the encounter, but I though it was pretty cool.

I did not think about it at the time, but they may be in town for the NRA convention. I hope they do feel welcome here in Indiana.

When does the NRA convention start, and how long does it last?

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Nice. I think the NRA convention is the last weekend in April. Like the 25-27th roughly… I know this because I really wanted to go, I mean badly! And ill be out of town:twocents:

Dmoore

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Otisco
    So where is the best place to learn more about carry laws? Do you just go to each states website or is there an “all in one” place to visit?

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    My son and I were eating in the Steak and Shake on South Bends south side a couple weeks ago when a guy approached our table (wearing a HK hat!). He said it was nice seeing INGO swag so far north (was wearing my digital camo INGO hat). I had a mouthful of sandwich or I wouldn't ask his user name.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    So where is the best place to learn more about carry laws? Do you just go to each states website or is there an “all in one” place to visit?

The best thing to do it to take the Indiana Gun Law Class offered by Guy Relford. Reading this forum will help but make sure that you look up everything you learn in the actual Indiana Code.
    It is a good idea to print out the Indiana Code, the part that relates to gun laws, and keep it handy. Someone might be nice enough to jump in here and provide some links.

And also WELCOME TO INGO.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I call BS. A meal includes a drink and S&S up charges for a drink on those (except water). You had no meal, you had two ala carte items.

+1. I saw their new "$4 meal" menu. The only diff is those dont include your drink. How is not including a drink (except a small water IF YOU REQUEST IT) any different than dropping the side item? "New $4 menu... a burger and soda for only $4!" SHENANIGANS!

PS the new sea salt and pepper fries are AWESOME!.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Wow. This is a little weird. I would like to see pictures of the suspects. I don't see how it could be the same three guys, but it is a strange coincidence that the Brownsburg Steak-n-Shake got robbed an hour later.

Brownsburg Police arrest three in Steak n Shake robbery - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Ironically, I was wondering the same thing. Thought maybe you saying something spooked the guys who were casing the first Steak and Shake, so they went to the second and robbed it. Would be interesting to find out that was the case...

This might have what you're looking for:

Handgunlaw.us

If not, hit the NRA site and there should be resources from there that will help you in finding out the laws for various states.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN

Just go to the nearest Steak and Shake and ask the guy at the counter. Look for the cheap guy eating the $4 meal with free water, he'll tell you everything you need to know:).

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    Just go to the nearest Steak and Shake and ask the guy at the counter. Look for the cheap guy eating the $4 meal with free water, he'll tell you everything you need to know:).

now that was funny, i should know better than to drink and read INGO at the same time.

Top Bottom