OSUT#256 - Easter Bunny, Solar Eclipse...what's next?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Ran the "troubleshooter" thingy on the wifi. It said it was not configured to connect automatically (although I think it was). Had the troubleshooter set it to do that and it thinks that resolved the problem, so we shall see. I'm skeptical.
    I think Xfinity is sending out what most would call a computer virus. They only want your money.
    So, your connection is switched to "xfinitywifi" but it's not connected unless you buy more from them or manually switch back to your existing wifi.
    Just a theory, but that is what I had noticed earlier.

If I do a wifi search and look at all it can detect, like all your neighbors setups (I live in town), there are usually about twenty others within range, but I see eight unsecured "xfinitywifi" networks. Click one and you get an ad.
    Click any other, it asks for a password - normal.
    Acts like a virus to me.

Last edited:

BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Oh, DD, and I also found a temp folder with 4gb of whatever in it. That stuff gets dumped with each restart, but in about an hour it had 4gb of incripted text? More data than a lunar landing mission?
    BS!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think Xfinity is sending out what most would call a computer virus. They only want your money.
    So, your connection is switched to "xfinitywifi" but it's not connected unless you buy more from them or manually switch back to your existing wifi.
    Just a theory, but that is what I had noticed earlier.

If I do a wifi search and look at all it can detect, like all your neighbors setups, there are usually about twenty within range, but I see eight unsecured "xfinitywifi" networks. Click one and you get an ad.
    Acts like a virus to me.
    Well this isn't Xfinity related. It's peculiar to my laptop since my work laptop is literally nearly touching my personal laptop and it hasn't had any problems. And my personal one hadn't had any until a couple days ago. So far, setting my setting to connect automatically to the main home network seems to be working.

BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Well this isn't Xfinity related. It's peculiar to my laptop since my work laptop is literally nearly touching my personal laptop and it hasn't had any problems. And my personal one hadn't had any until a couple days ago. So far, setting my setting to connect automatically to the main home network seems to be working.
    Great!
    I just wanted to give your huntin' dawg more to sniff at.

I insist my troubles came from xfin changing my internal computer settings.
    That's an old school virus!
    :xmad:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom