OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Not for work.:naughty:

I've been moving around a bit on the job front. Left street dept. after I got screwed over by a new boss. That was back in September. Went to a different Public Works department for 2 weeks and it was terrible. Now I'm at the jail my dad just retired from as a CO. Just sitting here looking at cameras and opening and closing doors. :abused:
    You get blue label Glocks now :thumbsup:

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    I have very little breeze at ground level. Water got calm enough to freeze maybe 5 acres at our end. But looking to N/NE I can’t see houses for the steam blowing. Can see top of trees but not houses at moment.

Dogs THINK they want out again. They are bored stupid. Wife has been gone, can’t go out and sniff, run around, squirt here and there, play…going stir crazy.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    :woot: The Generac just fired up for its weekly 5 min test run. It did fine last winter when it was freezing cold out. Hopefully that will be the case again this year.

1705257685481.png

The wfi Mobile link app I use to monitor the Generac says its -5* out and it says the battery voltage is 13.8v. so it's holding a good charge.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Mine did its 10 minute exercise this morning. Another old age security blanket substitute.
    It was defiantly an old age security blanket investment. Don't need it much but when it's needed it sure is nice to have. Sure, does beat having to set up the old portable pump gas genny that I did for years which I am no longer able to do.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Ours is an 18kw whole house generator that runs on NG. It's nice not having to worry about having heat in the winter and AC in the summer and the sump pump as well as the food in the fridge and freezer and more if the power goes out for an extended period.

The portable pump gas genny couldn't handle all of that.

Last edited:

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    I had 1 pr 2 tractor PTO driven units since 70’s when I was farming. When I moved here I put in a double throw transfer switch. Bought a genie with me. Have small compact diesel tractor to run it. Easily powered whole house, shop. Deciding if I need to get stuff out, then hook everything up, then played nurse maid monitoring sometimes for 12-18 hours, couple times in weather like this, then shutting down and putting everything away. Finally broke down in ‘18 and put in the Generac. Haven’t regretted it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I had 1 pr 2 tractor PTO driven units since 70’s when I was farming. When I moved here I put in a double throw transfer switch. Bought a genie with me. Have small compact diesel tractor to run it. Easily powered whole house, shop. Deciding if I need to get stuff out, then hook everything up, then played nurse maid monitoring sometimes for 12-18 hours, couple times in weather like this, then shutting down and putting everything away. Finally broke down in ‘18 and put in the Generac. Haven’t regretted it.
    Yeah, I really didn't have much choice but to invest in one. Can't do all that manual portable generator stuff anymore like I had done for many years due to health issues.

It was a pretty sizable investment for sure, but we budgeted for it and finally were able to make the investment. I look at it as any other investment in the house. The Genrac is self-sufficient and takes care of everything automatically. No regrets here either.

Last edited:

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Dogs THINK they want out again. They are bored stupid. Wife has been gone, can’t go out and sniff, run around, squirt here and there, play…going stir crazy.
    The girls here are bored. One does nothing but try to sleep, the new pup want to play or go out!
    Seems like every 5 minutes she's staring at me and whining to go out!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom