• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I recently purchased a 22/45 Lite as a suppressor host. I'd like to put some type of red dot on the gun. What would you all recommend? I'm not made of money, so I'll take a cheaper quality option. I'm thinking that my highest end choice would be a Burris Fastfire in place of the rear sight, but I'm not sure.

This is is what I'm thinking of:

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I ended up putting my Vortex Razor on mine, but I originally had a Fastfire II on there and it's a good choice for the money. My 22/45 has rails top and bottom and I didn't like the knob from the mount sticking out the side, so I opted to put the Vortex on there so I wouldn't have that issue.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I like the Burris Fast Fires. I have owned a few and have one on a 1911 right now. They do take some getting used to. Once you learn to point the gun up and acquire the dot it is off to the races.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I ended up putting my Vortex Razor on mine, but I originally had a Fastfire II on there and it's a good choice for the money. My 22/45 has rails top and bottom and I didn't like the knob from the mount sticking out the side, so I opted to put the Vortex on there so I wouldn't have that issue.
    That's why I'd probably buy the mount that replaces the rear sight. No knob.

TheUziButton

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    The Trijicon RMR has certainly won my favor for this application...
    PLRg2245_01.jpg

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I'd go with the FastFire. I had that same setup on my 22/45 and really liked it.

I bit the bullet and ordered a Burris Fastfire III and mount that will replace the rear sight on a 22/45. It should look just like the one above, but with a Majestic Arms kit and a suppressor. I still want to buy a new trigger with a stop to reduce over travel.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    That Majestic trigger is nice, I had it in my MKIII. Also ordered his bolt release and the quick takedown pin for the slide and the quality was great. Moved to the 22/45 Lite to cut out weight since I've got a 22LR can as well. I bet your really going to like that setup.

Top Bottom